Author Topic: Remington 870  (Read 35768 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Remington 870
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 09:19:24 AM »
Tang safety with a top folding stock is unusable.
I'm another who doesn't bother with it, "safe" is an empty chamber.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1112
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 10:21:27 AM »
If you put a Vang oversized safety button on an 870 or 1100 you can easily hit the button as you put your finger on the trigger. http://www.shop.vangcomp.net/product.sc;jsessionid=8E6834D1F0646F44677753E4BE38CAB3.qscstrfrnt01?productId=27&categoryId=7
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 12:10:59 PM »
Personally I too like the controls on the Mossy 500 better.  Both guns are "bullet proof" so it comes down to these type of things.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 12:28:00 PM »
JIMO, I never use the safety on a pump gun.  Its either loaded, or empty chamber.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 12:38:56 PM »
Heck, even the AR safety can be used by a lefty. You just use the trigger finger rather than the thumb.

That's how I started using the safety on my first AR. I have an ambi on the newer one and almost never use it "proper" way. I keep forgetting that it's there.

PS As far as the forends, they are ambi. Just like the AR only in reverse. If you are RH, you trigger them with your thumb. LH, use your index finger.

Gotcha.

FQ, try using a tang safety with a stock with a pistol grip and then tell me it's "right there"
hmmm...you are using your thumb, right?

I hadn't thought of the pistol grip addition with a Mossy, thanks for bringing that up.
As for the last sentence, I don't want to know....*fingers in ears* ...na na na na na na  :P
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:13:30 PM »

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 06:32:35 PM »
I leave the chamber empty. Psychological effect with chambering a round, though it is a position giveaway, may cause Mr. Badguy to depart the immediate area.

The only time that there is a round in my 870's chamber is while deer hunting (Just a week and a half away.  ;D). I keep the safety on until I see deer in range.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 07:31:29 PM »
Empty Chamber, is safe.

Just a collapsible ATI stock, and a CDNN rail for a light. That's it. May consider some type of iron sights, but than I think to myself,

Really? WTF for?  ;)
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Timothy

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 07:34:02 PM »
You guys are going to force me to post pics of my 42 year old Wingmaster, with an American Walnut stock, in nearly perfect condition aren't you?  As soon as I get it back, I will....

It ain't tacticool but it's flawless and dependable.... ;)

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 02:32:46 AM »
This thread made me take a peek for a short barrel for my 11-87 LH.

Got one off gunbroker today for $140.
21" w/rifle sights. It should ship on Monday.  ;D
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 09:40:42 AM »
This thread made me take a peek for a short barrel for my 11-87 LH.

Got one off gunbroker today for $140.
21" w/rifle sights. It should ship on Monday.  ;D

We're a bad influence    ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk