Author Topic: What's the best semi auto riot gun ?  (Read 20625 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: What's the best semi auto riot gun ?
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 10:35:33 AM »
For value the Mossberg 930 gives a lot of dependable bang for the buck. They come configured a lot of different ways.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 10:04:48 PM »
OK... couldn't help myself... pic of yours truly shooting an 1100 in the mid 80s... just for the guy in the coon skin hat  ;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 02:21:49 PM »
OK... couldn't help myself... pic of yours truly shooting an 1100 in the mid 80s... just for the guy in the coon skin hat  ;D

Is that MB ?   ;D

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2013, 03:04:18 PM »
yes....

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 03:05:37 AM »
If its just for HD, I'd stick with what you have. I mean how many rounds are you going to fire at across the living room distances? If its a toy, I'd buy a Saiga. The other selections are excellent choices, but I know you don't hunt, and unless you shoot skeet where the above mentioned guns will take a longer barrel, I just don't think they offer enough of an advantage to be worth the cash. If you want a range toy, you might as well get something that will take a twenty round drum. If you want to kill some SOB I'd stick with the Mossy 500. Just my .02.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:45:57 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 08:00:13 AM »
If its just for HD, I'd stick with what you have. I mean how many rounds are you going to fire at across the living room distances? If its a toy, I'd buy a Saiga. The other selections are excellent choices, but I know you don't hunt, and unless you shoot skeet where the above mentioned guns will take a longer barrel, I just don't think they offer enough of an advantage to be worth the cash. If you want a range toy, you might as well get something that will take a twenty round drum. If you want to kill some SOB I'd stick with the Mossy 500. Just my .02.

I agree with your reasoning 110%.
The fly in the ointment is that during my 2 years of unemployment the Mossy had to go to pay the light and internet bills .    :'(

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 10:21:24 AM »
I agree with your reasoning 110%.
The fly in the ointment is that during my 2 years of unemployment the Mossy had to go to pay the light and internet bills .    :'(
You could always grab a Maverick Special Purpose. Its made by Mossy in Mehico and has an 18" barrel and an 8 round tube. They're about $250 out the door, and good enough for government work. Not semi-auto, but reliable and cheap.

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 10:45:13 AM »
I'm not even close to buying yet so I am research the most suited to my wants with out considering cost this time around .
I prefer, semi auto rifles, and they have formed my habits so sometimes with a bolt action rifle I forget to work the action before the 2nd shot .
This is not the sort of mistake you can afford at 3 AM in your living room.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2013, 12:59:11 PM »
I'm not even close to buying yet so I am research the most suited to my wants with out considering cost this time around .
I prefer, semi auto rifles, and they have formed my habits so sometimes with a bolt action rifle I forget to work the action before the 2nd shot .
This is not the sort of mistake you can afford at 3 AM in your living room.
True, and I too am glued into semi-auto actions. But for me the shot gun is the weapon of last resort. I want it idiot proof (me being the idiot in question), and 100% reliable. I know that semi auto shotguns, particularly with high brass loads, will cycle reliably. BUT, there's that lizard part of my brain that doesn't trust that that's going to happen. I want the certainty that comes with a pump. I mean the only reason I own mine is for "get off my lawn" purposes. I hunt with SxS doubles. This is just a last ditch survival gun. I figure that the odds are good that I might screw up in any situation stressful enough that I need to use it. I don't want to add the possibility of a mechanical malfunction to the mix. Frankly, even if the price points were the same I'd choose a pump. If I could have any shotgun made for HD (as in you won a raffle go to the rack and pick one) it would be a mossy 590A1 with ghost rings and a light. You can keep the thousand dollar semis. But that's just me.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2013, 01:13:21 PM »
honestly I trust my 1100 more then my 870 or my ithica 37.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk