Author Topic: This Rabbit Could Use a Prayer or Two  (Read 23483 times)

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: This Rabbit Could Use a Prayer or Two
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2013, 04:40:43 PM »
Thanks for the update, my friend!!  Please keep us posted, and heel up quick!!
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2013, 05:09:25 PM »
Never any doubt!  Don't try to heal too quick!!!!!  Had my GB out laparoscopically(sp?) and was warned I could herniate as long as 6. months after.  Can't imagine what it would have been had it been "the old fashioned way".

God Bless,

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2013, 05:13:31 PM »
Great news!  Not great that they field dressed you, but great that they did the job in the best way possible.

Many prayers answered it appears as you move forward quickly.  Now, take advantage of your position in life, and let Bunny take care of you as you mend.  We'll continue the prayers for complete success.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 01:02:30 PM »
Good to hear you are on the mend, CR.
Prayers to continue.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 09:38:51 AM »
Okay, guys, here's the latest from the Cut Gut Chronicles...

I am off the narcotic painkillers as of today--don't need 'em any more.  

I can now actually cough a little to clear the airways without fearing my innards will spill onto the floor--and that's another good thing.  

My diet is still restricted to "liquids, puddings, cream soups and shakes" and that's not so good.  Still, that steak at the end of the tunnel is a motivator to heal.

I go back to the doc to get about a gazillion staples removed on the 24th.  I may actually be allowed to drive after that.  As of now, driving is prohibited.  And that actually hasn't been all that bad since Bunny's car has taken some sort of dump and doesn't want to run, so she's been using the JEEP.  I think we have arranged to get it to the mechanic for repair next Monday.  I'm hoping it's something simple and cheap.

Yesterday, I managed a rather lethargic walkabout.  Put in about .25 miles (about .4km for our Oz contingent) which ain't too bad.  I managed to sleep for 30 minutes upon my return, but I got the walk in. I just don't have much in the "reserve" tank.

There may be a reason for the lack of energy...  According the the hospital's "bed scale," shortly after the surgery and after they had pumped me full of fluids, my registered weight was 237 lb. (that's 107.5 kg or I think 18.96 stone--just trying to be helpful, here).  This morning on an accurate scale here at home, I came in at 206 lb. (93.4 kg or 16.48 stone). It appears I will break the 200 pound barrier in the right direction for the first time in 20 years.  And,that may allow me to ditch the blood pressure meds

I have had no inflammation along the stitch line, and everything is looking good so far.

So, all is progressing anon.  I can already feel the benefit of having my stomach back where it belongs and not pressing against heart and lung--and that, too, is a good thing.  

Thanks again for all your kind thoughts and prayers.

A grateful,
Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:58:42 PM »

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2013, 09:50:34 AM »
Sounds good, CR...you'll be surprised how quickly you feel better.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2013, 10:03:37 AM »
Great, CR.  

Sounds like everything is going fine...all the pain and weakness can now be looked at as "character building"   ;D

I had a similar surgery some years ago, except my incision ran length wise from my breastbone to my crotch.

After it was all healed and getting back to normal, I had a bit of a panic when I first did something that stretched my abdominal muscles.  Along the incision I felt a moderate burning pain.  Frantic call to the Dr. and was informed this was normal.  The different layers of muscle that were cut in the operation tend to "grow" together when they heal and the strenuous activity caused the layers to separate again.   Normal and to be expected.

Your lateral incision might not have the same effect.

Take care.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2013, 06:24:57 AM »
Good to here mate that you are on the mend.

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2013, 03:40:09 PM »
Hey, gang,

Just got back from the doc's office.  All the staples are now out and his official pronouncement was that I can drive again, eat again, and even go to the gym again.  Of course, I can't lift any real weight, but I can hit the treadmill and do "preacher" curls on the machine (if I don't hold my breath and try to lift too much).  I don't even have to see him again.

Tonight, although I would really enjoy a steak, I am going to settle for some baked chicken thighs.  The thought is they should go down a bit more easily than steak and the old pipes haven't passed any real food in the past three weeks.

So, my life is gradually returning to normal and I am really excited to actually eat some food.

Thanks for all the good thoughts, prayers, and moral support.  It really helped.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2013, 07:27:07 PM »
CR, good news on two fronts....you and Mike!

Continued prayer for both!

God Bless,

Richard and Norma
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk