Author Topic: This Rabbit Could Use a Prayer or Two  (Read 23396 times)

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
This Rabbit Could Use a Prayer or Two
« on: May 31, 2013, 01:53:19 PM »
In January, I had an episode that looked and felt like a heart attack.  Made a trip to the ER and was sent to the cardiac ward for an overnight.

Turned out the ticker was working fine.  The problem was with an extremely large hiatal hernia that had developed to the point where my stomach and esophagus were pressing against my heart and left lung.

After a load of tests and exploring options, I am headed for the surgical suite on Tuesday morning at 0600.

Doc says he will attempt to do this procedure laparoscopically (sp? spell check doesn't recognize it) with only two or three small incisions.  But, he has already cautioned me that he doesn't think that will be possible because of the proximity to my heart and the size of the balloon of stomach nestled above my diaphragm.  He told me he will not endanger my outcome for purposes of esthetics and expects to have to do conventional surgery to repair my plumbing.

If he can do it the easy way, I will be in the hospital only overnight, and can resume regular life within the week.

If he has to gut me like a fish, I am in the hospital for a week, then on light duty for 6 weeks, then a gradual return to a normal lifestyle.

Naturally, my preference is the first option, but I don't really get a say.  I won't know which way it went until I get out of recovery and up to my room.

So, here's the prayer request(s):  1) Pray for the easy way, if at all possible; 2) If easy is out, pray for an easy recovery.

I don't like pain--never have.  I tolerate it as well as most, but this has me a little scared. 

I'll be on here until bedtime on Monday, and then it depends on how it goes in the OR.  I'll be back as soon as I am able.

Thanks, guys (and gals)

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

red364

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: This Rabbit Could Use a Prayer or Two
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 02:00:34 PM »
I hope it goes the easy way!!  Praying that it does!

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 02:00:59 PM »
We are with you CR .
Don't sweat it to much , these days if it's a matter of broken parts it's really no more complicated than taking your car to the mechanic .
Illnesses still present a challenge to medical science, but damaged parts are simply "repair or replace" just like a head gasket .

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 02:28:47 PM »
Pulling for a good procedure...and for the easy one to be in the cards.

This pain in temporary and isn't doing damage, just part of the healing.

You get meds to help with it.   

Hang in there, CR.

Take care
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 03:07:46 PM »
Will have you in our thoughts and prayers that everything goes as well and easy as possible, CR.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:58:33 AM »

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 04:27:06 PM »
Just like workin' on an "ol" Buick,..... ;) Crusader, I pray for the easier less intrusive procedure, and will pray for a speedy recovery regardless.

Don't trust the ugly Nurses... ::)
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 04:37:10 PM »
Prayers forthwith...

Get in, get out...wash your hands and FORCE everyone else to wash theirs or stay the f*#k outa your room...

Be well, speedy recovery, friend!

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 06:10:13 PM »
Just like workin' on an "ol" Buick,..... ;) Crusader, I pray for the easier less intrusive procedure, and will pray for a speedy recovery regardless.

Don't trust the ugly Nurses... ::)

BUICK?  Buick!?

If anything, I'm a Ford.  We don't take government handouts. 

Well...

Shoot...

It is the VA doing all this, so I guess maybe I do.

Crap. I didn't ever want to be a freakin' Buick.

Thanks for the prayers, guys.

Gratefully,

Crusader
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 06:40:35 PM »
CR, here's praying for a successful surgery and quick like a bunny (pun intended!) recovery!  May God guide your surgeon and staff.

God Bless,

Richard and Norma

PS:  And may all your nurses be beautiful.....not that you'll notice or anything!  LOL
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 06:58:08 PM »
Just think CR, one time you will have cute young ladies (multiple ) handling your junk and it's going to have a hose coming out of it and look like it got run over by a truck .  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk