Author Topic: minimum for daily living  (Read 23278 times)

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: minimum for daily living
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2010, 10:51:20 PM »
Forgot the most important tool, TRAINING.

Excellent Observation, Tex... Buying Gear isn't the important part and it is definitely the EASY part. Even carrying gear around all day is pretty simple, if you are willing to compromise.
Being in shape and in practice... and really understanding your gear, the way you carry it and the most efficient ways to use it is where you really become safer.

-RJP

Jackel

• life member of the American Honketonk bar association
  • Top Forum Member
  • F150 n' a 30-06
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2010, 11:29:13 PM »
well, daily i have my 229 IWB and thats it.

i feel like a mall ninja carrying crap like flashlights, knives and spray that i know i am never going to use. its also a pain to keep in your pocket.

in my truck i keep my AR, a 30-06, ammo and a big ol DDD maglite.

i am a farmer and its a pain to carry a gun at all, but i keep my truck close for carrying grain, fertilizer, salt etc. so its not that big of a deal to not be armed to the teeth 24/7
you are a redneck when You think "loading the dishwasher" means getting your wife drunk.

You know your a redneck You ever got too drunk to fish.

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2010, 08:43:24 AM »
well, daily i have my 229 IWB and thats it.

i feel like a mall ninja carrying crap like flashlights, knives and spray that i know i am never going to use. its also a pain to keep in your pocket.

in my truck i keep my AR, a 30-06, ammo and a big ol DDD maglite.

i am a farmer and its a pain to carry a gun at all, but i keep my truck close for carrying grain, fertilizer, salt etc. so its not that big of a deal to not be armed to the teeth 24/7

As a farmer I am surprised you do not incorporate edged weapon/knives into your daily tools. Utilitarian use is the most common for most pocket knives with defense being second or last ditch. As for myself, i like the option of being able to have esclation of force. Empty hand, sprays, closed knife reinforced strike, edged defense to guns. To each their own man.

tex
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk