Author Topic: Benelli Super Nova vs. Remington 870 Tactical  (Read 9184 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 892
Benelli Super Nova vs. Remington 870 Tactical
« on: December 08, 2009, 11:52:29 AM »
I'm starting this over here to avoid the rath of RP, but I still would like to keep it a clean and respectful I know, stupid expectations around here comparison.

I am a Benelli fan, and already own a couple that I love.  However, I'm looking for a pump for Ironman.  I have a Winchester 1300, but to shorten the barrel and set it up would cost as much as a new gun.  My down sides on the Benelli is the lack of aftermarket for items.  Remington has an aftermarket following that is very complete.

I want reliable and fun to shoot.  Something my M1 and M2 have given me, but I have no experience with either a Nova or an 870.  Pricing on the two are very similar, so that is a non-issue.

Special note to big tt ... I forgot one, so numbers ain't going to be an issue ... except my own addictions  ;)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Benelli Super Nova vs. Remington 870 Tactical
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 11:58:48 AM »
I would get the Remington. Why? You answered that. Pick and accessory and a gun gear retailer and THEY DO HAVE IT for the Remington 870. That's the big reason that my next pump shotgun will be a Remington 870. Benelli M1, I have no clue where to get accessories for those. I'd pick the 870. Accessories are gonna be cheaper and more readily available. ;D
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

Texas_Bryan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 12:08:10 PM »
Remington 870.  Why?  Never gives me problems, and it feel durable enough to drive railroad spikes if you needed it to.  Go get you one with an extended tube and bayonet lug. ;)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 12:11:30 PM »
I have a Nova, but I dont like the way it fits me..... Length of pull is just too long for me. The slide also has a weird rattle that I have never figured out a way to get rid of. It is a shooter, however. I have never had a single problem with it. Its very well made, and I think it would stand up to a good amount of torture if you feel the need to dish it out.

You said you are looking at a shorter barrel for it, so you might want to look at that before you buy. Most all Novas and Super Novas come with longer barrels, and the shorter replacement barrels are really pricey.  
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 892
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 12:22:31 PM »
I have a Nova, but I dont like the way it fits me..... Length of pull is just too long for me. The slide also has a weird rattle that I have never figured out a way to get rid of. It is a shooter, however. I have never had a single problem with it. Its very well made, and I think it would stand up to a good amount of torture if you feel the need to dish it out.

You said you are looking at a shorter barrel for it, so you might want to look at that before you buy. Most all Novas and Super Novas come with longer barrels, and the shorter replacement barrels are really pricey.  

The Super Nova set up in tactical is 18" as is the tactical Remington.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:53:48 PM »

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 12:25:17 PM »
870, accessories and price of them.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 01:39:56 PM »
I luvs my 870!!  ;D

btw, how the hell do you FORGET one?!?   You're the youngster of the two of us!!!  ;D

I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 03:18:27 PM »
 870 or Mossberg 500, and I favor the Mossy.

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 03:42:03 PM »
870 has a excellent track record, but mossberg was the only one to pass the milspec test. Both are classic workhorses I own two of each and could not be happier.
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 03:59:59 PM »
Why not the Mossberg 590? Marine issue for years, and its  built like a tank. For me the two things it has and the 870 doesn't are a set of excellent ghost ring sights if you want to throw a slug, and it has a top mounted safety. This is a bigger deal for me as a lefty, but besides that, it is still a lot quicker and more instinctive to move your thumb up than poke around on the trigger guard. You also have Gods own amount of extra barells and do-dads available, and its at a comparable price.
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk