Author Topic: TACTICAL LEVER ACTION  (Read 116677 times)

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: TACTICAL LEVER ACTION
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 10:41:30 PM »
I have a Puma .454 that I keep loaded by the bed.  18 inch ported barrel.  It's a thumper.

A local gun shop around here has a Puma in .45 Colt with the 16 inch barrel and Large loop lever, and it feels real nice, but I'd want the .454 so I could use either round. Same reason I don't buy .38 Special revolvers. WHy buy a .38 Special ONLY revolver when you can get the same gun chambered for .357 Magnum and still shoot all the .38's you want to through it?
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 03:01:41 AM »
"I've had this urge for a (Insert currently lusted for Gun{s} here), but lack the spare bucks"

Story of my life. S&W 649 with Lasergrips, Charter Arms Bulldog, Puma .454, and now the Kahr PM45 now that it's here....... The Snubbies are the ones I want the most at the moment.

And yeah the .45-70 will definitely STRIKE DOWN any sinner that breaks into your home in the dead of night.... Be it man or Grizzly. Anyone else think S&W should chamber their X-frame revolver for .45-70??? The Puma 454 is the Lever action I want. I want mine with a 16 inch barrel and a large loop lever (That's the John Wayne fan in me.).

http://www.magnumresearch.com/ has one chamber for 45/70 ( or did)   The X frame cylinder is too short... I was lucky enought to play with one of thier prototypes( was working at a FFL)  Anyways while I was holding the 100 oz beast( with scope mounted and a mussle break) a group of us was talking to the rep, long story short, he said a few of the engineers were thinking about  building one that was chamber in .223.   Now I don't want a 460 or a 500, but I want a Xframe chambered in 223    ;D
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2007, 07:12:46 PM »

http://www.magnumresearch.com/ has one chamber for 45/70.....

I've Got one (They're sweet!). But I'd like to see somebody do a DA revolver in .45-70.

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 10:41:56 AM »
A couple years ago I turned my Marlin 336 into a Scout rifle with forward mounted Leupold M-7.  Then last year I saw MadOgre's cut down 3030 wih black stock.  I cut my barrel to 16.75 inchs, bought the plastic stock from Ramline, and added a red dot sight. Also put on a home made flashlight mount on the mag tube.
You are my hero
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 07:27:43 PM »
Here's a tactical lever Action I really like.
   ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:00:05 PM »

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 02:40:32 PM »
Was looking at the new products page for Shot 2008 and found this, me thinks we gotta have. Hope the pic comes out.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Cayoot

• Forum Member
  • Thanks from the Frozen Northwoods!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 11:14:32 AM »
Hi all, I'm new to this forum.  I've been watching the tv show for a while now and really enjoy it.

This is a subject that is near and dear to my heart.  I'm an auditor (C.P.A.) by vocation, and so I have to travel ALOT!  I spend a minimum of 10 to 12 weeks each year on the road.  Because I travel through so many different municipalities, I'm never really sure what the laws are as to semi auto firearms in possession.  For this, and many other reasons, I choose to carry a nice, short Marlin .357 Mag in my trunk.  With the 10+1 capacity and the fast lever, but still looking like a cowboy gun, it is as near to a politically correct assult rifle as I can find.  I have (thankfully) never needed to use it or even brandish it, but it sure is a comfort when the tire goes flat and I'm on a lonely streatch of highway.  I just take an old army blanket and fold it over.  I keep the carbine in the fold.  That way, if I get a flat, I just pull the blanket out and lay it infront of the bad tire so I have a kneeling pad.  It looks innocent enough, and when I put my tools away, I put the blanket back in the trunk.  However, if things ever go bad, all I have to do is reach under the fold of the blanket and I have alot of comfort in my hands.
Life is tough...but it's tougher when you're stupid.

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 11:43:34 AM »
Hi all, I'm new to this forum.  I've been watching the tv show for a while now and really enjoy it.

This is a subject that is near and dear to my heart.  I'm an auditor (C.P.A.) by vocation, and so I have to travel ALOT!  I spend a minimum of 10 to 12 weeks each year on the road.  Because I travel through so many different municipalities, I'm never really sure what the laws are as to semi auto firearms in possession.  For this, and many other reasons, I choose to carry a nice, short Marlin .357 Mag in my trunk.  With the 10+1 capacity and the fast lever, but still looking like a cowboy gun, it is as near to a politically correct assult rifle as I can find.  I have (thankfully) never needed to use it or even brandish it, but it sure is a comfort when the tire goes flat and I'm on a lonely streatch of highway.  I just take an old army blanket and fold it over.  I keep the carbine in the fold.  That way, if I get a flat, I just pull the blanket out and lay it infront of the bad tire so I have a kneeling pad.  It looks innocent enough, and when I put my tools away, I put the blanket back in the trunk.  However, if things ever go bad, all I have to do is reach under the fold of the blanket and I have alot of comfort in my hands.

Watch out for hunting laws, In Maine possession of a rifle on Sunday is considered "Prima Facia" evidence of illegal hunting, other states could be just as odd

Cayoot

• Forum Member
  • Thanks from the Frozen Northwoods!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 02:02:56 PM »
Wow! Thanks Tom...I never even thought of that one!  Way too many laws.  Somehow, I don't think that our forefathers had this in mind when they framed our government.
Life is tough...but it's tougher when you're stupid.

unique

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 02:50:58 PM »
My wife and I went that way several years ago. .357, 4" barrel handguns and .357, 16" barrel lever actions.  She has the Puma M92, I needed the Winchester Trapper, bifocals don't work with iron sights.  I tried the XS "scout" scope mount but didn't like the idea of epoxying the mount to the barrel, so I'm just using a compact, 2x scope.
I wish that they made some type of scout scope mount for the Puma, I really like that gun.
The lever guns don't bother people like the black guns do, and short of all out war, the .357 will solve any problem we're likely to encounter in upstate New York.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk