Author Topic: TACTICAL LEVER ACTION  (Read 116663 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: TACTICAL LEVER ACTION
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2008, 09:31:27 AM »
Cool gun!

Thanks.  One of the things I like about this model is that you can unscrew the front of the magazine tube and dump the cartridges to unload.  Not all of the Pumas do that.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tombogan03884

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2008, 12:08:51 PM »
Sweet

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2008, 04:57:17 PM »
I thought you guys might want to take a peak over at the 50 Caliber Forums, where they've got a special thread on big bore tactical lever actions. You can see it here:

http://50caliberforum.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=alaskanleveractionguidegun

I'm liking this more and more as an episode of SHOOTING GALLERY and/or DRTV. Maybe package it with shooting this mare's leg pistol:

http://www.jbcustom.com/new-mares.htm

And some custom guns from Wild West:

http://www.wildwestguns.com/CoPilot_And_Guide_Rifles/copilot_and_guide_rifles.html

Sort of an orgy of exotic lever actions!

Michael B

YES!!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2008, 09:58:35 PM »
Did I mention that we're giving away one of the new Mossberg .30-30 lever guns with a 2.5 Leupold scope and a free entry into our Tactical Lever Action Rifle class later this summer????????

Video coming real soon...

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

USSA-1

• Top Forum Member
    • US Shooting Academy
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2008, 07:45:02 AM »
Michael,
          Sorry for the slow reply, but I missed this thread.  I saw "Lever-Action" in the title and I immediately thought, "Cowboy Action" and I skipped it.

This is a very interesting concept.  Let me think on it a bit and I'll get back to you.  My LA skills are a bit.....rusty!

Erik
"Occupo Mens"
Win the Fight

Watch The Tactical Rifle Channel

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 01:50:32 AM »

Shawn Knight

• Forum Member
    • Eastern Nebraska Practical Shooters
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2008, 11:31:55 PM »
The coolest ones are the ones from Jim West at Wild West Guns in Alaska:

http://www.wildwestguns.com/CoPilot_And_Guide_Rifles/copilot_and_guide_rifles.html

I don't have one, but the people that I know who do have them swear by them. Their SBR "Bushwhackers" are too totally cool! I keep a Winchester '94 Trapper in .44 Magnum in my bedroom, usually loaded with 240-gr JHPs from Black Hills. I've put a lot of rounds through the gun over the years, and it has been flawless (I know their reputations are something less).

I've been half-way thinking about getting a Marlin Guide Gun or 1895 in .45/70 and tricking it out a little to give me a more powerful option...

Michael B

Having fired several Wild West Creations I can say that Mike is on the money.
No Matter Where You Go,
There You Are!

Bill P

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2008, 12:58:38 AM »
I have heard of some creative use of large caliber lever guns over in Iraq by our troops. For a relatively lightweight gun something like a Marlin Guidegun in 45/70 has unequalled stopping power. At a shooting session at "the Pit" I introduced some friends to my Marlin 1894FG 41mag.  All of them have extensive tacticle gun collections so the initial responce was "yeah I"ll try your lever gun". But after seeing how it quickly thumps whatever you aim at at 100+ yds  with a 210gr slug the replies were more like "I gotta have one of those". Now if it were only belt fed ........
Lord make me fast & accurate

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2008, 05:56:32 AM »
MB.

In the give away vid you called the lever action the "base line" tactical rifle, let's face it, the lever action is the ORIGINAL tactical rifle!

Roy Hill

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2008, 08:25:28 PM »
Just curious if a specific date has been set for the Tactical Lever gun course, and what the price might be?

Just wondering.....and thinking about that Marlin .44 mag I've got in the safe right now.

Roy Hill

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2008, 12:03:41 PM »
Haven't set the date and time yet...Moderator Lund is still pondering!

Got some good news from Chiappa Firearms yesterday...the "Michael Bane Version" of their superb Winchester M92 clones (imported by my good pal Mike Harvey at Cimarron Firearms) is 60-90 days out. The "MB Version" will be a 16-inch Trapper take-down version in .44 Magnum. Of course, we'll be giving one (or more) away here on DRTV, but I'm hoping I can arrange a special pricing discount for Forum members.

Next week, I'm going to start on Dave Biggars at XS Sights on designing a Scout scope mount for the petite M92...my goal is to use a Micro Aimpoint on the rail.

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk