Author Topic: TACTICAL LEVER ACTION  (Read 116446 times)

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: TACTICAL LEVER ACTION
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2008, 01:35:47 PM »
Of course, we'll be giving one (or more) away here on DRTV
color]

I need one in .357 please. Sorry to be difficult.
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2008, 02:37:44 PM »
Yeaaaa MB!!,

I loves me some lever guns!  Will this scout scope mount be for any 92 and will it get in the way of using the iron sights?

What is the ballpark price on that 44 take down (without special pricing)?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2008, 05:10:03 PM »
Look at that Hazcat foam at the mouth.  ;D

I thought it was supposed to be "catnip" that did that and now i find out its leverguns.

Who da thunk it so.
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2008, 05:17:11 PM »
Don;

No problemo:

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/RepeatingRifles/1892Model.htm#

The .44s are the last of the litter to get made...

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2008, 05:27:02 PM »
Look at that Hazcat foam at the mouth.  ;D

I thought it was supposed to be "catnip" that did that and now i find out its leverguns.

Who da thunk it so.

But that IS catnip!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 03:24:42 AM »

mward58

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2008, 09:39:50 PM »
The coolest ones are the ones from Jim West at Wild West Guns in Alaska:

http://www.wildwestguns.com/CoPilot_And_Guide_Rifles/copilot_and_guide_rifles.html

I don't have one, but the people that I know who do have them swear by them. Their SBR "Bushwhackers" are too totally cool! I keep a Winchester '94 Trapper in .44 Magnum in my bedroom, usually loaded with 240-gr JHPs from Black Hills. I've put a lot of rounds through the gun over the years, and it has been flawless (I know their reputations are something less).

I've been half-way thinking about getting a Marlin Guide Gun or 1895 in .45/70 and tricking it out a little to give me a more powerful option...

Michael B

Michael,

I agree. Last year when I decided I wanted to get into cowboy stuff, I  researched lever guns and came across their site. I couldn't stop drooling when I looked at their Alaskan Co-pilot. Since I live in Minneapolis/St. Paul MN and don't hunt much anymore I could not justify spending that kind of money, so i bought a Marlin 1894c in 357 magnum/38 Special. I put XS ghost ring sights on it and it is very accurate and extremely fun. I can also use it to hunt if I so choose.  I have always had an affinity for lever guns ever since I saw an old Marlin 30/30 at a fishing lodge my Dad's friend owned outside of Red Lake Ontario. I was 11 at the time.  I asked my dad about it and he told me the story of how One-eyed Billy Z. (a One-eyed truck driver) used it to chase a bear out of the kitchen one night. It's funny how that story has always stayed with me for some 30 years and is attached to every lever gun I see. I love shooting my Marlin because it just has so much character and I feel like Lucas McCain every time I shoot it (Mine doesn't have the trick lever though!). I bought the .357 because I knew I was going to use it alot and the 38's are a cheaper option when shooting alot of rounds. If I decide to get into hunting, I would buy the guide gun.

mward58

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2008, 09:54:07 PM »
Hi all, I'm new to this forum.  I've been watching the tv show for a while now and really enjoy it.

This is a subject that is near and dear to my heart.  I'm an auditor (C.P.A.) by vocation, and so I have to travel ALOT!  I spend a minimum of 10 to 12 weeks each year on the road.  Because I travel through so many different municipalities, I'm never really sure what the laws are as to semi auto firearms in possession.  For this, and many other reasons, I choose to carry a nice, short Marlin .357 Mag in my trunk.  With the 10+1 capacity and the fast lever, but still looking like a cowboy gun, it is as near to a politically correct assult rifle as I can find.  I have (thankfully) never needed to use it or even brandish it, but it sure is a comfort when the tire goes flat and I'm on a lonely streatch of highway.  I just take an old army blanket and fold it over.  I keep the carbine in the fold.  That way, if I get a flat, I just pull the blanket out and lay it infront of the bad tire so I have a kneeling pad.  It looks innocent enough, and when I put my tools away, I put the blanket back in the trunk.  However, if things ever go bad, all I have to do is reach under the fold of the blanket and I have alot of comfort in my hands.

Cayoot,

I have a Marlin 357 also. I don't use it as a defense gun since I have an unpolitically correct Remington 870 with ghost rings and surefire forend always at my beck and call at home. However, I put XS ghost ring sights on the Marlin and would not hesitate to use it if I had to. I practice with it alot and shoot at paper targets with it. It is very easy to rattle off the magazine in a heartbeat. Did I mention that it is also extremely fun?

mward58

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2008, 09:59:57 PM »
I thought you guys might want to take a peak over at the 50 Caliber Forums, where they've got a special thread on big bore tactical lever actions. You can see it here:

http://50caliberforum.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=alaskanleveractionguidegun

I'm liking this more and more as an episode of SHOOTING GALLERY and/or DRTV. Maybe package it with shooting this mare's leg pistol:

http://www.jbcustom.com/new-mares.htm

And some custom guns from Wild West:

http://www.wildwestguns.com/CoPilot_And_Guide_Rifles/copilot_and_guide_rifles.html

Sort of an orgy of exotic lever actions!

Michael B

Michael,

I think that would be great! I am a big fan of black guns, but I feel there must be a place reserved for lever action rifles and single action pistols! They are our American heritage!

Roy Hill

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2008, 10:06:31 PM »
I'll keep watching this thread for a date and cost.

I can drive to Tulsa in less than two hours.

Boom......clack-clack........boom.......clack-clack........

rjsixgun

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2008, 09:05:48 AM »
Mr. Bane, I'd just like to say thank you for all your great pod-casts!

The Tactical lever gun topic really caught my eye, I've been useing a Winchester .44Mag trapper for years as a bed side gun and a trunk gun. My thought has always been, If I ever have to use my gun, I will be in court defending myself against anti-gunners. If I defend myself with an "EVIL BLACK RIFLE" then they will call me "RAMBO" but if I use a lever gun.....the worst they could call me was "JOHN WAYNE" and all you need is one John Wayne fan on a jurry!!! Heck you cant call yourself an American if you dont like John Wayne!!!

Lately I've been looking at my 30/30's and maybe buy'n a .357mag lever gun as politically correct defence rifle, and I just bought the 1895 Marlin (45/70) for hunting. I mounted a Williams WGRS rear sight and will be useing Black Powder loads! Heck it was good enough to drop Bison 100 years ago, so It should work on bears today!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk