Author Topic: TACTICAL LEVER ACTION  (Read 118180 times)

tombogan03884

Re: TACTICAL LEVER ACTION
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2008, 10:09:36 PM »
 See my reasoning about rifles for home defense  a couple of posts back, That being said "Cool" is good  ;D

jbbooks

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2008, 03:43:55 PM »
I'm getting the hots for one of the new pump action .38s. I've shot one in .45 and it's way cool. expensive but cool. I'm feelin my economic stimulus money going by by! you can sure go thru a lot of rounds quick.

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2008, 05:53:40 PM »
Ok, every body calm down :o   just shoot what ya got that you shoot good. Home defense is a shotgun. A lever rifle is for fun. Whats "tactical" about a lever gun? Frangible rounds, fleshettes, rubber bullets. thats what you shoot in your house just b4 you pull your 1911 and end the fight. Simple.  ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2008, 05:55:33 PM »
Even Col. Cooper said a hand gun was just used to fight your way to a rifle.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Ron J

« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2008, 07:30:34 PM »
2How ...  I think the argument can be made that any rifle can be "tactical" without painting them black or seeing them on the cover of a Rainbow Six video game.  Your point is well stated in that shotguns can be useful for around the house but so can lever guns when the situation requires a little more range. 

To this, lever guns can be effective tools in tactical situations where a rifle is needed since they can provide useable firepower with range.  Quick to battery, they point well, are reliable and have plenty of knockdown or stopping power.  As well, they are very unassuming which could be useful in our litigation crazy society.  For these reasons, I would likely grab my Winchester 94 Trapper in 44 magnum before I would grab my M1A Scout or HB Remington 700.     

As to tactical lever guns, check out Brockman Rifles (www.brockmansrifles.com) or Wildwest Guns (www.wildwestguns.com).  While these two companies make outstanding hunting rifles, they could have sincere tactical applications.  As well, and I know that I am pretty twisted … I find something really sexy about a 45-70. 

Sponsor

« Reply #85 on: Today at 05:06:23 PM »

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2008, 07:47:53 PM »
Well I find most lever actions anemic, and slow to battery. Dont get me wrong I love the asthetics. But as a tactical weapon, sorry very ineffective. Sure a great shootist with one can be effective , but the average person is left. Oh and dont paint me in the black rifle camp, on the contrary, a good AK is mans 2nd best friend. And the point of a hand gun to fight to your rifle HAZ is BS and you know it. Different time and day. Ron j glad to have youre point of view. Believe me I love the levers like I love the revolvers. Just cant use them in a fight .
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2008, 07:55:33 PM »
Well I find most lever actions anemic, and slow to battery. Dont get me wrong I love the asthetics. But as a tactical weapon, sorry very ineffective. Sure a great shootist with one can be effective , but the average person is left. Oh and dont paint me in the black rifle camp, on the contrary, a good AK is mans 2nd best friend. And the point of a hand gun to fight to your rifle HAZ is BS and you know it. Different time and day. Ron j glad to have youre point of view. Believe me I love the levers like I love the revolvers. Just cant use them in a fight .

Yeah those AKs are tricky.  The average person has never held one that alone knows how to load it.  Then there is the unfamiliar feel of the gun,,makes it totally useless unless you train with it.....OHHH, wait....those were the arguments you used against the lever gun.

BTW I'll take the Colonel's opinion over yours ever time but that wasn't my point.

Why not try doing as we who do not want AKs or ARs do.  Support the people that don't agree with you when it is simply a matter of like/dislike/opinion.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2008, 08:06:30 PM »
Why not try doing as we who do not want AKs or ARs do.  Support the people that don't agree with you.

Then you should go to your M1 carbine Haz. Its that simple.
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2008, 08:14:53 PM »
My M1 is not reliable at this time.  Too many FTF.

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2008, 08:17:34 PM »
My M1 is not reliable at this time.  Too many FTF.

time to sell it, fix it, or trade it for an AK that works every time.  :D Just sayin man.
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk