Author Topic: TACTICAL LEVER ACTION  (Read 116451 times)

rjsixgun

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: TACTICAL LEVER ACTION
« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2008, 07:14:02 AM »
Wild West Guns makes light mounts for the levergun

Ron J

« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2008, 07:25:04 AM »
If you were here in Oklahoma, I would recommend a yard of duct tape!

Before I was "surprised" by my company last year and let go, I was thinking of doing the same.  Might want to try Midway and look for the Tac-Star Universal Barrel Mounts.  Good luck and let us know how it turned out!  

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=121767&t=11082005

LMIB

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2008, 10:53:22 AM »
Does anyone make a light holder that attaches to the tubular mag?  If so, where could I find one?
I refer you back to the photo of my " TACTICAL 30 " on page one of this thread.  It is sporting my Home Depot tubular light mount.
You've come a far piece pilgrim.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2008, 11:39:58 AM »
Dave Biggars of XS Sights had one on his Marlin, but I don't think he's cataloged it yet...doesn't hurt to ask...tell him I sent you...

http://www.xssights.com/

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2008, 10:39:04 PM »
Wow this whole thread is great. I am going to continue reading and get more great ideas. I just wanted to thank everyone.
Did we win???

Sponsor

« Reply #115 on: Today at 07:10:34 AM »

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2008, 07:36:48 PM »
OK since this thread took a dump Ill have the last word and say there is no tactical lever action rifle ever built. They are nice and keep the heritage going but they suck in a combat situation which I would call "tactical" . Sorry ,,, Loveim boys but have to pass on save my life vote.  ::)
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2008, 08:20:25 PM »
2HOW. I found this article for you if you read down to like the 3rd or 4th paragraph Sheriff Jim Wilson talks about what he used to use cause back in the day his Riot Shotgun was what he thought was up to snuff.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/gunsmoke/0712/

I would go to battle anyday with a lever action.

For everyone else although it is only a paragraph he talks about his lever gun, it is still cool to read about his choice in long gun at the time.
Did we win???

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2008, 09:08:14 PM »
2how has a point, what is tactical??

Concerned with the middle level of planning and delivery. Tactical concerns are around how to achieve an objective (as developed in the strategy) and providing a framework for the operational delivery, or something developed for a particular objective. EG... Something that can be used in low light, night time, day time, be accurate, hard hitting, capable of multiple shots ( how many? depends on the field of play ), might need to be short, might need to be very accurate, or ok to 200 meters.

Well a lever action could certainly fulfill this role. ;)

XS sights does have a long upper rail, so you can mount a rearward or forward optical sight, or a rifle scope mounted forward with a ANPVS 14 BEHIND for night vision capability. I have not called them yet, but they do have in the catalogue, a tri rail forend that should be coming out about now. Now you can mount lights, bipods, lasers and coffee grinders to your hearts content ;D

There is one advantage to a lever gun, it can be reloaded and kept full on the run without dropping a magazine or opening the bolt. You don't have to carry spare magazines just ammo. A rifle caliber like 30-30, you could carry 200 rounds easy in a pouch on the strong side and keep feeding it all day. The full length winchesters I believe would hold 7 rounds in the tube, of course the pistol calibers can hold 10 rounds of 44 mag, 357 mag or 45 long colt, I found you could get 12, 44 specials, or 38 specials in the tube and with a 16" barrel have close to the same velocity as a magnum out of a 6" pistol. ;) and you could carry 400 rounds of the short stuff.

I have a Marlin 336 in 30-30 that I put a Trijicon Reflex sight on, with an ARMS quick release mount, and it is really fast, don't need batteries, works day or night. I will get a XS tri rail for it. As of now it is Tiger striped dura coat and I will have to redo that when the rail is attached. Once I have the rail, then a light system, ( probably a Safariland ) Laser, good single point sling system and bipod will complete the rifle. Sounds funny don't it. ::)

Best tool for the job, maybe not, wrong tool for the job, NO.

" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Ron J

« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2008, 02:16:09 PM »
To what m25 stated, let's not get hung up on what defines "tactical". 

Lever guns can get into battery quick, can be loaded quickly and have more than enough accuracy, firepower and stopping power for any situation that anyone is likely to face. 

Just because they are not painted black doesn’t mean that they can’t be a viable tool for defense. 

tumblebug

« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2008, 06:40:29 PM »
 And you may feel however you wish about it .It's still a viable thread. And interesting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk