Author Topic: TACTICAL LEVER ACTION  (Read 116438 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: TACTICAL LEVER ACTION
« Reply #130 on: September 10, 2008, 07:41:53 PM »
MB,

How's the vid on this subject going?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2008, 01:08:06 AM »
A dollar's worth of flat black spray paint makes any firearm "tactical".  ;D  Tack on the name Tactical and you can sell anything.

A handful of .44 Mag LeveRevolution ammo in a Trapper model 94 should take the fight out of anyone. Since I made mine into a half-magazine it's only 6 shots instead of 10. If that and a .45 auto doesn't do the trick, the C-Mag for my AR-15 is already loaded. I also believe a jury will look at an EBR (evil black rifle) and think "machinegun" but America's favorite deer hunting rifles are more innocent looking. It makes a difference when you live in an anti-gun blue state that makes over $3 BILLION a year in hunting and fishing revenue. Chances are 2 of 12 jurors are hunters. They can tell the other 10 what's up.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

lilreddakota

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2008, 11:53:59 PM »
Hello, I just had an ich and couldn't scratch it, i.e. I had to add my two cents.  I have used the terrible black rifle, owned on for a short time, I have currently a hall way in my house that is about three feet wide. I can not get my Ruger Mk II down the hall way
or my Remington Model 11 12 guage, they are too long. Last year I was going to purchase a Ruger Mini 14, but for some reason
I purchased a Puma 92 in .357 magnum and a Tauras 627 Tracker also in .357 magnum. Two weapons on ammo, the Puma now
weres the large loop, but I found its 20inches also combusome. So off to my dealer and I came home with a Puma 92 in 45 colt and a Ruger Vaqero too. The little carbine is great, perfect size and at a 100 yards I can still hit a pop can. Now I have no intention of trying to acheive 1/2 MOA with this weapon, not what it was inteded for, its light compact came with a saddle ring
and I found a single point slinge at Cableas intended for AR's that works perfectly, keeps the carbine at the ready when I am hunting. Oh and its a hell of a lot lighter then my MkII. Why does everything have to be black and have a ton of add ons to be "cool "  Like my RAI  (1911) my carbine is a tool, and so far it has worked for me. oh and my wife doesn't have to think hard if she has to use it ie did I seat my magazine or did I charge the weapon, nope rack the lever and doe your buisness, and the cool thing
you can cock it just like the Duke did, well unloaded that is not about to shoot myself

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2008, 07:13:06 AM »
Dakota,

Tell me more about the sling and post pics if you can.

I have the .454/45 Puma 18 inch.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2008, 08:18:09 AM »
Tactical:

Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Sponsor

« Reply #135 on: Today at 02:55:08 PM »

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2008, 10:57:21 AM »
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

lilreddakota

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2008, 10:02:49 PM »
Here is a pic of the sling, got it from Cabelas works great but chafes my neck a bit
I will try to get a pic of the carbine on here by the weekend

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2008, 03:14:05 PM »
I like your sling idea, but be very cautious with any sling that can get anywhere near an exposed hammer, or get caught between the lever and the trigger!!!!
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

lilreddakota

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: October 29, 2008, 08:55:03 PM »
I like your sling idea, but be very cautious with any sling that can get anywhere near an exposed hammer, or get caught between the lever and the trigger!!!!

I understand your caution but the way I have it set up I don't think that will be a problem with the sling getting caught by the hammer or trigger, but overconfidence can be a killer, thank you for the advice. As stated earlier I will have pictures of this set up by Sunday night or Monday morning, its inventory time at work and the last weekend of Cascade Black Tail season here in Oregon so I am swamped

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk