Author Topic: ICORE  (Read 2972 times)

hodman

• Very Active Forum Member
  • I just need faster reloads with my wallet
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
ICORE
« on: December 20, 2007, 01:59:26 PM »
I just got a slightly used gun for ICORE. I can't decide to put an optic on or not?

Any thoughts

Also I have am debating moon clips or not I have been told there is major issues with brass ect?

BTW the gun is a 327 (I got it for 650.00)

Thanks

Jon
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: ICORE
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 03:47:03 PM »
Being a Performance Center gun, does'nt that put you into Open class? If so, I'd go for the optics. Moon clips are the way to fly, but buy lots of them, the 8 shot ones bend and break easily, usually as your loading on the run and you  or the range officer steps on them or kicks them. I use .38 short colt brass in My 627PC, with 130 grn FMJ'S, the moon clip grabs them very well, no wiggle.

Nice purchase,   I'm looking for a TRR8.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

gunman1911

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger Emeritus
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 06:05:19 PM »
would the muzzle blast damage the light?  No question about the optic I would go for it! 8) You got a greeat deal!
Back up guns---Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

hodman

• Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 09:18:25 PM »
Being a Performance Center gun, does'nt that put you into Open class? If so, I'd go for the optics. Moon clips are the way to fly, but buy lots of them, the 8 shot ones bend and break easily, usually as your loading on the run and you  or the range officer steps on them or kicks them. I use .38 short colt brass in My 627PC, with 130 grn FMJ'S, the moon clip grabs them very well, no wiggle.

Nice purchase,   I'm looking for a TRR8.
I was told as long as it did not have an optic you could shoot limited. I have several friends that are using 38 short colt. I spoke with Jerry M and he said that short range this would work, but at 50 yard the case was too short. I was told you could use 38 spc but only use starline brass. I just need to get to the range and work it out.
Thanks for your help

Jon
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

hodman

• Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 09:20:20 PM »
would the muzzle blast damage the light?  No question about the optic I would go for it! 8) You got a greeat deal!

No damage but burns are common.
Robert A. Heinlein

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:50:45 AM »

LMIB

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 05:20:32 PM »
Are these 327TRR8s ready for moonclips from the factory or do the cylinders need to be machined?
You've come a far piece pilgrim.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 10:52:37 PM »
They are ready to go from the factory ;D
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk