Author Topic: Does Anyone Understand "Curling" ??  (Read 5820 times)

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Does Anyone Understand "Curling" ??
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 06:59:12 PM »
Didn't have a clue until I read the other posts and now I'm more confused than ever!!!!!!!  LOL

Richard

PS:  Almost like trying to understand a WOMAN!
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 07:09:08 PM »
Here in the Sunny part of S. Fl. we have shuffleboard, same kinda thing. When your in Scandinavia, and everything is frozen anyway, after some "nips" of your ice cold Vodka, what else are you gonna do??? ::)

The brushes can extend the range of the "puck" and also "sorta" steer it, and make it more "team" oriented.

In Wisconsin, when I was there, I thought it was better with frozen turkeys, on the frozen pond, with the Vodka... ;D
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Johnny Bravo

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 07:23:02 PM »
Here in the Sunny part of S. Fl. we have shuffleboard, same kinda thing. When your in Scandinavia, and everything is frozen anyway, after some "nips" of your ice cold Vodka, what else are you gonna do??? ::)

The brushes can extend the range of the "puck" and also "sorta" steer it, and make it more "team" oriented.

In Wisconsin, when I was there, I thought it was better with frozen turkeys, on the frozen pond, with the Vodka... ;D

You like just about anything with Vodka  ;D
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 08:58:25 PM »
Last week I had a minor surgery and spent the day on the couch on oxycodone, watching curling. I'm pretty sure I posted on here somewhere that after taking the medication the curling was making sense to me.

Maggie and I watched some curling today, and once again it makes no sense at all. Sometimes they want to score, sometimes they DON"T want to score....go figure.

So someone needs to heavily medicate and then report back on the subject.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 05:18:21 AM »
Melanie said she thought when they were yelling, HARD!, HARD!, HARD!, they were cheering for the husbands of the Swedish women's team.   ;D    Bill T.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:40:37 AM »

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 10:14:06 AM »
Here in Minnesota there are several towns with curling clubs.  Most of the US Curling Team is made up of Minnesotans.  I went to college in Bemidji, MN and there is a curling club in town.  In fact, one of the phy/ed classes was Curling.  The curling clubs are sorta like bowling alleys.  There are leagues, concession stands and beer.  Not a bad way to spend an evening on the cold tundra.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 10:24:40 AM »
There is one women on the US team that is very good looking... other then that, its shuffle board with big rocks on ice.   how it became a olympic sport I have no idea.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 10:31:54 AM »
I think we have lost sight of your original question:  Does anyone understand curling?"

The answer is NO.

No one actually understands curling.  Probably started out with some bored ice fishermen saying something like:  Betcha I can knock that dude off his stool with this big rock.

Way too many clothes involved.  I'd rather watch the womens singles ice skating events--pretty girls in remarkable athletic condition bending into unbelievable pretzels while wearing abbreviated clothing.  Not THAT'S a sport Crusader can get behind. ;) ;D
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 10:37:18 AM »
http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978062634&grpId=3659174697259616&nav=Groupspace

Check out Cheryl Bernard of the Canadian Women's Curling Team. Not at all bad for 44 !   Bill T.

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 10:44:03 AM »
I think we have lost sight of your original question:  Does anyone understand curling?"

The answer is NO.

No one actually understands curling.  Probably started out with some bored ice fishermen saying something like:  Betcha I can knock that dude off his stool with this big rock.

Way too many clothes involved.  I'd rather watch the womens singles ice skating events--pretty girls in remarkable athletic condition bending into unbelievable pretzels while wearing abbreviated clothing.  Not THAT'S a sport Crusader can get behind. ;) ;D
It actually started in late medieval Scotland.

For a comprehensive overview of the game go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curling
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk