Author Topic: NH Predictions???  (Read 7806 times)

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
NH Predictions???
« on: January 07, 2008, 02:56:02 PM »
Anyone want to predict NH just for the heck of it? Here's mine.

REP:

1st-McCain in double digits
2nd-Romney
3rd-Huckster. The media will proclaim his third place win as proof that he can compete nationally. He will get a big boost going into MI and SC out of this media hype.

DEM:

1st-Obama by such a margin there isn't any reason to even discuss 2nd or 3rd.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
Re: NH Predictions???
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 05:43:40 PM »
I saw one of the news channels going into great depth about the difference between voters in NH vs voters in Iowa, and how the candidates had to approach them differently and how different things are important to them. If those voters in two states are that different, think how much diversity there is throughout the country!

Now I have to ask...if there is that much diversity, how come one or two states (read particular kinds of voters) get to be the ones to cull several candidates from the mix?

ALL primaries should be on the same day. That way ALL of our votes count and the majority gets represented.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Fuzzy

• Forum Member
    • Westfield Sprotsmans Club
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 06:59:29 PM »
I saw one of the news channels going into great depth about the difference between voters in NH vs voters in Iowa, and how the candidates had to approach them differently and how different things are important to them. If those voters in two states are that different, think how much diversity there is throughout the country!

Now I have to ask...if there is that much diversity, how come one or two states (read particular kinds of voters) get to be the ones to cull several candidates from the mix?

ALL primaries should be on the same day. That way ALL of our votes count and the majority gets represented.

+1 is all I can say for now!
"THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS"

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 07:09:14 PM »
I agree. all National elections should be held on the same day and the poles should be open for 24 hours.  That way there would not be any "early Returns" and pundits trying to swing the vote.

All Poles open at the same time and close 24 hours later.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

camacho

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 10:23:18 PM »
REP:

1st-McCain in double digits
2nd-Romney
3rd-Huckster. The media will proclaim his third place win as proof that he can compete nationally. He will get a big boost going into MI and SC out of this media hype.

DEM:

1st-Obama by such a margin there isn't any reason to even discuss 2nd or 3rd.

I think this a pretty safe prediction, albeit, some polls show Romney dangerously close to McCain. I sincerely hope those polls are wrong. As to Huck, third place is a good thing, but I do not think the media will devote much time on him. Obama seems to be the latest fad in the world of politics, and the media will pronounce his coronation.The media might be surprised some months from now, when they start digging through his credentials or lack thereof.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:09:35 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 02:27:56 AM »
The "Manchurian Candidate" (McCain)Will not do that well in NH, He's a fringe element like Ron Paul.
 I'm expecting Rudy :( Romney and Huckabee top 3, Not sure what order, then Fred and The Manchurian Candidatefighting for 4th
 No arguement on the Dem.s
 JayBethel, You asked about diversity? How about this Forum :D and San Francisco :( But someone has to skim off the slime.
 All primaries should be held the day after NH :D

camacho

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 07:33:11 AM »
I'm expecting Rudy, Romney and Huckabee top 3, Not sure what order, then Fred and The Manchurian Candidate fighting for 4th

I sincerely doubt Rudy will get anywhere near the top three.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 08:32:13 AM »
JayBethel, You asked about diversity? How about this Forum :D and San Francisco :( But someone has to skim off the slime.
 All primaries should be held the day after NH :D
I take it you're from NH?
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 11:36:59 AM »
Yes sir ! :D

jaybet

• Top Forum Member