Author Topic: Snubby Safety?  (Read 5151 times)

canon6

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Snubby Safety?
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 10:21:52 PM »
+3  Charter Arms, mine is doa, bobbed hammer, flat black.boot grips and is rated for plus P .Doug
a armed man is his own master

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 02:50:20 AM »

leatherman92

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 08:37:46 AM »
go with a Ruger :)
One riot,one redneck

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 04:18:24 PM »
Take your pick. Charter Arms, Ruger, Smith & Wesson, Taurus; All of them have transfer bar safetys in their revolvers. Find which one you want and buy it. All you need to worry about is deciding which Snubby you want.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 08:44:20 PM »
Thanks for all the replies and advice. Seems like there are several good choices these days.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:44:50 PM »

hawkeye1

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 09:05:08 PM »
I have a Ruger SP-101 in 357.  Bobbed hammer.  it is a dream to carry.  It is a bit heavy, but that is a nice thing when you touch one of those defense rounds off.  Really great little gun and of course the Ruger quality.  Made rock solid.

SlideRacker

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 09:58:40 PM »
I am one of those 1911 guys with a snubby in his pocket. I will tell you what I carry and how I chose it. I carry a Rossi R461 .357 mag six shot. I chose it mostly because of the .38-.357 ability......never just get a .38, it's like getting half a gun. I also chose it for price. It wasn't cheap nor expensive at about 225. The safety is obviuos. The trigger must be all the way back before the hammer can touch the primer. I have had this gun apart, and I can tell you that there is a beefy hunk of steel blocking the full frop of the hammer until the trigger is all the way back. I bet you could hit it the hammer with something the size of my mother-in-law and the hammer would bend before hitting the primer. Yes, it has a fireing pin like the old six guns, but if it can't hit anything.....it's safe. The trigger in single action is about 1.98 lbs and a safe ton or so in double action. No... it's about 11.62lbs in double action. The Rossi is now a very good gun. I have a few of them, and I have yet to have any trouble.

Jkwas

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Jkwas
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 08:44:15 AM »
My preference is an older smith circa 1980 with a hammer mounted firing pin and a hammer block vs a transfer bar. The newer smith's are not like this, but the current Rossi's are.  You might want to eyeball those as well.   ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk