Author Topic: A Compliment to DPH Arms, Brown Truck Arrived Quick  (Read 6897 times)

kilopaparomeo

• Top Forum Member
  • My own private purgatory...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A Compliment to DPH Arms, Brown Truck Arrived Quick
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 06:18:08 AM »
I like it, no matter what the guys in the fuzzy hats say.

I've dealt with DPH before also...they were good people.
NRA Endowment Life Member
SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
Ultima Ratio Civis - "The last method of a citizen"

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 08:13:14 AM »
What happens to a dealer who unknowingly sells a non 922R compliant rifle? Lets say they order a full whack of AK-47's and sell them off to the masses, much like J&G Sales or Classic Arms does. The people who buy them, like us guys here, fill out the 4473 thinking we're buying a fully compliant rifle. Then, down the road the ATF comes knocking asking if we own an AK-47, Ser. # 12345. We say yes. Now what? The dealer is in hot water for selling, but both they and us thought everything was wonderful? This has to have happened. Will they give you a "grace period" to make your gun compliant, or take it and give you a trip to the crowbar Hilton?  Bill T.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 08:23:21 AM »
What happens to a dealer who unknowingly sells a non 922R compliant rifle? Lets say they order a full whack of AK-47's and sell them off to the masses, much like J&G Sales or Classic Arms does. The people who buy them, like us guys here, fill out the 4473 thinking we're buying a fully compliant rifle. Then, down the road the ATF comes knocking asking if we own an AK-47, Ser. # 12345. We say yes. Now what? The dealer is in hot water for selling, but both they and us thought everything was wonderful? This has to have happened. Will they give you a "grace period" to make your gun compliant, or take it and give you a trip to the crowbar Hilton?  Bill T.
Gee bill, lets see. A government agency being reasonable, or practicing "zero tolerance". Where do you put your money? This I why I am pretty much anal about dotting the Is and crossing the Ts when it comes to gun stuff. Even if you do your best you can still screw up. No need to give the bastards anymore rope. >:(
FQ13

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 09:17:36 AM »
Very nice, tw  ;D
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 10:53:55 AM »
This I why I am pretty much anal about dotting the Is and crossing the Ts when it comes to gun stuff. Even if you do your best you can still screw up. No need to give the bastards anymore rope.FQ13

Understood. I, as well as most dealers, am very careful about paperwork. That's easy. But the only real way you know for sure if your rifle is 922R compliant is to rip it to shreds and count the parts. No dealer is going to do that with every weapon that comes in the back door and goes out the front. Neither is any customer. It all backs up to the builder, whoever they may be. Century, Saiga, Arsenal, Lancaster, or whomever. Bottom line, I just don't see 922R as a realistically enforceable law. The only way someone could "get into trouble" is if the ATF stumbled upon it. They stumble way too much as it is.  Bill T.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:18:54 AM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 11:04:40 AM »
Understood. I, as well as most dealers, am very careful about paperwork. That's easy. But the only real way you know for sure if your rifle is 922R compliant is to rip it to shreds and count the parts. No dealer is going to do that with every weapon that comes in the back door and goes out the front. Neither is any customer. It all backs up to the builder, whoever they may be. Century, Saiga, Arsenal, Lancaster, or whomever. Bottom line, I just don't see 922R as a realistically enforceable law. The only way someone could "get into trouble" is if the ATF stumbled upon it. They stumble way too much as it is.  Bill T.
Sadly that's kind of the point. You make a law vague enough, and they'll find away to convict you of breaking it. I refer you to the Sedition Act of 1918 where calling contempt upon an officer of the US government was a felony. What is contempt? Whatever the DA says it is. Its like that with 922R, not even a law, but a rule. >:(
FQ13

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 05:55:30 PM »
Pro-Mag, Tapco, and Sure-fire, all Made in America, make standard AK mags. So the compliance would remain. However, when the zombies come, any AK mag would work, and the ATF will be the least of my worries if I have to draw down on a human being with it.

It would be a TEOTWAWKI situation.

In a T&T admin, can we get this 922r crap rescinded, repealed, revoked, or abolished?

::)
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

WIshooter

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 05:00:04 PM »
hey twyacht:
 Some people with the 7.62x39 Saiga rifles have been finding a nice surprise on the end of the barrel lately.  If you get lucky your's might be threaded 14mm for muzzle attachments.  There are a couple threads on saiga12forum about this.  You can try to take a flashlight and shine it into the thin gap between the barrel sleeve thinggy and see if you can find threads.
If you have a gun of 08 or 09 manufacture that has reciever dimples,  a non stepped chamber and the notch for a handguard retainer in the barrel, it seems like these are features that indicate you might have threads hiding under there.  If so, it is an easy thing to cut part of the sleeve and thread on a brake or flash supressor of your choice.

I'll cross my fingers for you. ;)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 06:14:33 PM »
Thanks WIshooter,  I have a May/June 09 date in the manual. I will certainly check that out.

I appreciate it.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Woody

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 12:16:39 AM »
That's a very nice looking AK.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk