Author Topic: Arizona Has It Right by Ted Nugent  (Read 2694 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Arizona Has It Right by Ted Nugent
« on: April 30, 2010, 06:33:24 AM »
In the absence of any real border enforcement by the federal government, Arizona rightfully took matters into their own hands and passed a law that whereby Arizona cops can demand to see immigration papers from people they stop.

Good for Arizona. Other states, especially border states, should follow their lead.

Arizona's new law makes it a crime to be in Arizona illegally. It's 2010, good morning America! Those people who can't produce documentation proving they are in the country legally can be jailed up to six months and fined $2,500.00.

Of course the pro-illegal immigration crowd is going berserk that Arizona has done such a common-sense thing. Democrats see any immigration reform measures that seek to protect our border as a threat to their future political base. You would have to be deaf, dumb and blind to not see that the grand plan of the Democrats is to entrap illegal immigrants by giving them legal status and then to enslave and destroy them with numerous federal hand-outs and programs.

Pro-illegal immigration advocates are protesting and yammering that this new law will lead to profiling. President Obama has weighed in and asked the Justice Department to review Arizona's new law to see if it is legal.

Unbelievably, while our borders are largely open and being over-run, the Obama Administration recently lectured Israel about expanding their communities just a few feet on land that is arguably theirs to expand upon.

While I applaud Arizona for its bold and brave new law, putting illegals in jail is the wrong move. That costs too much. I say Arizona shoul follow their own American hero, Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County. Sheriff Arpaio keeps crooks in a large outdoor holding facility and makes them sleep in tents. Among other common sense things, he feeds them bologna sandwiches. I hope they are not fresh.

My good friend Sheriff Arpaio's common sense policies and practices drives the ACLU and the rest of the left-wing batty. He puts smiles on the faces of Americans who still believe that pragmatism and common sense should rule the day.

Indeed, something needs to be done about illegal immigration and the 12 million-15 million illegals who are already in America and causing a tremendous financial burden on states due to their abuse of the state's social services and criminal justice programs. Hospitals in California and other states have closed and jails and prisons in border states are upwards of 40% full of illegals.

The invasion roils on.

Hospitals and other social service agencies should follow Arizona's lead and require that those seeking services produce American citizenship papers. American taxpayers should not be required to pay for providing medical or any other services to people from another country. Making us do so is the ultimate definition of insanity.

What America shouldn't do is to continue to ignore protecting our borders. There is a growing sentiment that governors of border states should call out the National Guard to help secure our borders. Makes sense to me.

Both Republicans and Democrats have made immigration blunders in the past. We should learn from these mistakes and endeavor to not make the same mistakes again.

I support an open, frank and transparent debate on immigration. Let's lay all the cards on the table and hear from all sides. I say we start with a simple admonition from President Reagan: A nation without borders will soon cease to be a nation.

Good on Arizona. It is refreshing to see that common sense still rules the day somewhere.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=36714
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 880
Re: Arizona Has It Right by Ted Nugent
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 07:00:28 AM »
I have always thought that many people say and believe the right things.  Have you ever listened to people rip into Ted and his "rants?"  Just like many other commentators, they see or hear his name and they close their ears to the message and start ripping him.

Haz, you didn't post Ted's name with this except in the title, and as I read it I had no idea who had written it.  At the mid point he referred to "his good friend" and I remembered that Ted was writing.  He makes a good point in a good writing that I think most people would read and agree with ... right up until the end when they say his signature.  Put Eric Holder's name at the end and the Dems would be falling all over it as a great explanation not realizing they had been sucked into common sense ... too bad we can't do that.  But on the other hand, BHO did promise this type of action, just like many before him, when he ran for office.

Thanks for the find Haz!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 07:19:58 AM »
Uncle Ted talks truth.  What a refreshing concept.

Crusader
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 08:34:03 AM »
Great find, Haz!

Ted, telling it like it is...
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 08:48:57 AM »
God Bless Ted Nugent!
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:02:35 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk