Author Topic: New AR Lower - Update  (Read 2026 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
New AR Lower - Update
« on: May 05, 2010, 08:08:14 PM »
The other thread morphed slightly so I've started a new one.

Got the DPMS lower parts kit.   Stock kit.  With pistol grip that I didn't need, but will file away.   I've frittered away my money on other luxuries (primers and bullets) so a Timney trigger will have to wait.

DPMS PARTS KIT.

Comes in a blister pack, with an exploded view of the lower parts.  No particular instructions (I'm not asking for any, just commenting) on how to assemble.  The trigger turned out better than I thought.   Pretty crisp with little creep and little over travel.  It will do for now.  (I did forget the disconnector spring the first time, but caught that while testing the trigger and safety.)

I didn't use the pistol grip as I had an ergonomic one already.   

I did have a problem with the detents on the safety and the fron and rear pins.  The detent holes were cut too sharp and I couldn't move them at all.  The safety was stuck in the fire position until I took the detent spring out.  A little judicious application of a soft, small, pointed Dremel stone made all three parts move as desired.   I also rounded the detent plungers just a bit (both ends) so they would ride smoothly.   

Glad I got the kit.  Now all I'm missing is the stock and I could use another bolt carrier group, so I don't have to share between rifles.

Picture to follow tomorrow night.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
Re: New AR Lower - Update
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 07:19:44 AM »
Will work for ammo