Author Topic: Fred McDonald  (Read 11506 times)

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Fred McDonald
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 06:24:10 PM »
Teresa, & your Mum  Jo, and the rest of the Family

Our  Condolences from here in Australia.   we are thinking of you and your family.

you can shed tears that his gone
or you can smile because hes lived
you can close your eyes and see all the good hes left behind
your heart can be empty because you cant see him
or your heart can be full because of all the love that you've shared
or your heart can be empty because you cant see him
or your heart can be full because all the love that you've shared
you can turn your back on tomorrow and live for yesterday
you can remember him and only that hes gone
or you can cherish his memory and let and live on
you can cry and close your mind
be empty and turn your back
or you can do what he'd want
smile, open your mind, live and go on.

Rest in peace Fred.
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 09:58:51 PM »
Thank you all so much.. I miss him already................... :'(
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 10:25:59 PM »
I miss him already................... :'(

I'm afraid that feeling doesn't go away. You and your family have my deepest sympathies, and Carol and I will keep you all in our prayers
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 11:23:06 PM »
Thank you all so much.. I miss him already................... :'(

Of course you do, and should, the loss of a loved one leaves an empty place in you heart and soul, and it needs to be refilled, I have not been good at this personally with my mom passing in 2000, she was my great friend, and we got closer in the 10 months before she passed. All the holidays, either make me grateful, or mournful, your loss weighs on me as well, for you and your family. Start filling that hole in your heart, with babies, and grand babies, who need to know about Fred.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

GUNS-R-US

• Top Forum Member
  • We must protect & defend our freedoms!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 11:30:29 PM »
My sincerest condolences!! :'(
Mike Kramer
NRA "Benefactor" Life Member 
2AF Life Member

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:07:25 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 12:57:02 PM »
Fred Edgar McDonald

Fred Edgar McDonald was born October 12, 1927 to Don and Cleora Lanning McDonald., at Busby, Kansas, the youngest of three sons. Fred went all eight years of grade school at Busby, graduating from Longton High School in 1945. He enlisted in the U.S. Navy after graduation, and took his boot camp training at San Diego, Ca. He was chief cook on the USS Antares, serving in the Asiatic-Pacific. He received a honorable discharge after two years of active duty then served four years in the Naval Reserves. He was a member of The Howard United Methodist Church, Past Master of Hope Lodge #155 AF&AM, American Legion Post # 0149, and Ladonia Chapter #243 Order of the Eastern Star.

On May 16, 1947, he married Jo Workman of Longton, Ks. To this union was born two daughters, Teresa Ann Cookson Heilevang and Sherri Lynn Wilder. Fred worked for Mid-Continent Butane from 1947 until 1954, at Yates Center LP Gas Co. as a transport driver until 1956 and Union LP Gas Co. as a plant manager in Welch, OK and Pittsburg, KS, 1956 until 1963. He moved his family back to Howard in 1963 and later shared ownership of McDonald Bros. Propane with his brother Donald. He worked for Farm Bureau Ins. for a short time. In 1974, he went to work for Fairbank Equipment, Inc. of Wichita traveling all of Oklahoma, Eastern Kansas and Eastern Colorado. Fred retired from Fairbank Equip. in 1992. He enjoyed gardening, traveling, hunting, fishing, camping, dancing and playing cards. He had a lot of fun times with his family and friends. He and Jo spent 15 years as full time Rvers, and made many lasting friendships.

Fred is survived by his wife Jo of the home, daughters Teresa Heilevang and husband Kjell of Howard, Sherri Wilder and husband Curt of Bucklin, Ks., brother Russell McDonald of Howard. Grandsons Danny Cookson, of Howard, Derek Cookson and wife Rochelle of Howard, Grand daughter Tania Muller of Colby, KS. Three Great Grandchildren, Ashley, Mason and Caleb. Sister-in-law and Brother-in-law Helen and Bill Troutman of Salina and Rosalie McDonald of Howard. Several nieces and nephews and a host of friends. He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and a half brother.

Fred passed away at home with his loving family at his bedside. He left his earthly body at 12:25 PM on May 14, 2010. Funeral services will be held at 2:00 PM Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at Zimmerman’s Funeral Home, Howard, KS. The family suggests memorial contributions to Midian Shrine Children’s Hospital and Hospice Care of KS. They may be left with the Zimmerman Funeral Home 206 E. Washington Howard, KS 67349
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 06:24:13 PM »
Sorry for your loss.
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 09:18:33 PM »
To Mr. McDonald:

Thank you for your love as a Father, Husband, Veteran, and American. You led a full life, and now live on with the Lord. All the pain and physical ailments are washed away, and your spirit is now eternal to keep and watch over a loving family, friends, and shall never be forgotten.

God Speed Mr. McDonald.

Lord,
Our beloved is gone now from this earthly dwelling,
and has left behind those who mourn his absence.
Grant that we may hold his memory dear,
never bitter for what we have lost
nor in regret for the past,
but always in hope of the eternal kingdom
where you will bring us together again.
We ask this through Christ our Lord.

Blessed are those who have died in the Lord;
let them rest from their labors
for their good deeds go with them.
And shall never be forgotten.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2021, 02:41:16 PM »
bump

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk