Author Topic: My dad, Wil Essary...  (Read 8031 times)

Blaidd

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My dad, Wil Essary...
« on: May 18, 2010, 05:34:31 AM »
3 Weeks from Sunday, my Dad went into the hospital and was found to have lung cancer and it had spread to his hip, shoulder, and brain. Well, Sunday night, the family was sitting around him watching TV and talking when his breathing changed. My wife took the kids home and before they had left the driveway, he took his last breath. He was in better health than most 75 year old men as he stayed active around the house, hunted, and was a member of the local vol firefighters. He had come home from the hospital Friday and we knew his time was short. At least now he is in a better place with no pain and doing all that he wants to do. He had taught me so much about hunting, fishing and the outdoors along with being a wonderful husband to Mom. He had inspired me to join the Navy years ago but I couldn't match his 36 years of active and reserves (he retired years ago as a Capt). He will be greatly miss by all his friends and family. I'm just so glad that he didn't have to suffer with painful cancer longer than he did.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: My dad, Wil Essary...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 05:53:15 AM »
My sincere condolences, Blaidd.  Sounds like he was a great roll model. 
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 06:22:41 AM »
Blaidd, my sincerest condolences on your Dad's passing. He sounds like a wonderful Father, something for you and your children to cherish forever. Keep his stories alive in your children so they will know him well.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Timothy

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 06:26:37 AM »
God Bless your father.  My sympathies.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 06:39:31 AM »
Sorry for your loss.  Sounds like another wonderful Dad.

God Bless,

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:02:52 AM »

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 08:27:52 AM »
Condolences to you and your family.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
So sorry for your loss.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 05:05:02 PM »
May God bless you and your family, and may He hold you in the palm of His hand and ease your grief.  Remember, as long as your dad lives in your hearts and memories, he will never die.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 09:07:39 PM »
Prayers to you and your family. He was surrounded by his family, and was called home by God. As others posted, he will always be with you, and his life will continue through his children, and generations to come, always.

He will be missed, but never forgotten, and lives on through you and your family.

God Bless.

tw
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 08:33:41 PM »
God speed and God bless.
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk