Author Topic: Now We Rise, And We Are Everywhere. For Sat. Night.  (Read 2913 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Now We Rise, And We Are Everywhere. For Sat. Night.
« on: June 19, 2010, 08:41:02 PM »
There used to be a singer/songwriter named Nick Drake. He died in 1974, in his 20's.  Far too young for his talent. The header is a quote from a great song, and has made a resurgence as of late.

I have been a fan since I can remember, (thanks Mom)....and thought, a deep breath of acoustic, before going at it again would remind us of the important things.

Have a great weekend DRTV.  And Never Let Them Beat You Down...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o298SRDF2Mo&feature=related

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Re: Now We Rise, And We Are Everywhere. For Sat. Night.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 09:04:32 PM »
I never heard of the guy but the song sounds familiar. Maybe I heard it on tv.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 08:17:25 AM »
AT&T commercial.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

twyacht

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 09:26:51 AM »
AT&T commercial.

At least someone at AT&T has decent diversified tastes in music, not some mindless Lady Ga Ga, or other mindless crap that is so prevalent these days.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SwoopSJ

• November 12, 1978 - November 2, 2011
  • DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Love thy neighbor.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 10:36:45 AM »
At least someone at AT&T has decent diversified tastes in music, not some mindless Lady Ga Ga, or other mindless crap that is so prevalent these days.

The sad thing is, unless I'm mistaken, Lady Ga Ga, was / is a musical prodigy and studied at Juliard.  That kind of talent and the only thing that produced by it is "mindless crap"  as you so aptly termed it.   :(

Swoop
"...to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."  --Richard H. Lee

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:01:20 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 10:38:42 AM »
The sad thing is, unless I'm mistaken, Lady Ga Ga, was / is a musical prodigy and studied at Juliard.  That kind of talent and the only thing that produced by it is "mindless, money making crap"  as you so aptly termed it.   :(

Swoop

FIFY    ;D

twyacht

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 12:38:28 PM »
The sad thing is, unless I'm mistaken, Lady Ga Ga, was / is a musical prodigy and studied at Juliard.  That kind of talent and the only thing that produced by it is "mindless crap"  as you so aptly termed it.   :(

Swoop

Obama went to Harvard also,.....Outcome turned out great there too. Last time I heard 15 seconds of a Ga Ga tune (all I could stand), I must have missed the Juliard influence... :-\

Col. Jeff Cooper.

Timothy

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 12:42:57 PM »
The sad thing is, unless I'm mistaken, Lady Ga Ga, was / is a musical prodigy and studied at Juliard.  That kind of talent and the only thing that produced by it is "mindless crap"  as you so aptly termed it.   :(

Swoop

I think the Gaga went to Tisch School in NY, not Juliard.  Either way, she's just another pop star who's shining brightly just before flameout!

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 12:52:20 PM »
Due respect boys. As Tom pointed out, Ga Ga gets the green, and fame (for the next 15 minutes) and Obama is the President. Sometimes you do get what you pay for education wise. ;D
FQ13

Timothy

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 01:03:59 PM »
Due respect boys. As Tom pointed out, Ga Ga gets the green, and fame (for the next 15 minutes) and Obama is the President. Sometimes you do get what you pay for education wise. ;D
FQ13

The problem with the latter is, no one knows HOW he paid for Harvard!  We know how he got elected.....the "ignorant dumbass" vote outnumbered the independents!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk