Author Topic: DPMS Oracle .308 M-4 ?  (Read 28499 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: DPMS Oracle .308 M-4 ?
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 09:23:07 PM »
As I mentioned, the rifle was pretty much an after thought. I was checking out 1911's. I really like the Kimber Stainless II I picked up a couple of months back. A friend of mine has several Springfield 1911 Models, and they are really nice pistols. I guess you could say I've been bitten by the 1911 bug.

They've come a long way since I bought my first Colt Gold Cup way back in 1973. They still are the same basic gun, but they've really improved on the features. There is something to be said about picking up a pistol that fills your hand with solid steel. I love my Glocks, but the 1911 just never seems to go out of style.  Bill T.

GUNS-R-US

• Top Forum Member
  • We must protect & defend our freedoms!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 08:35:43 PM »
I just went by my Cabela's store yesterday and droped $640 bucks. I looked at that rifle but they want $1049 on sale regular $1099 here. My wife would shoot me with it if she found out I bought it along with everything else I brought home. ::) So it stayed on the shelf for another day. ;D

P.S. for any military folks and possible L.E.O.'s out their for today and tomorrow Cabela's is having Hero days, you get employee pricing for just about everything. I got 5000 rounds of federal .22 ammo for $17 a box of 500!
Mike Kramer
NRA "Benefactor" Life Member 
2AF Life Member

JohnBrantuk

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 02:48:30 PM »
Have any of you seen the Short Rifle Stock System for the M1A/M14? http://www.ShortRifles.com
Dillon put it on the front page of their August mailing

Now that's something I'd like to have!!! M14 power and reliability in a REALLY nice package!

JohnBrantuk

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 08:26:09 PM »
I just went by my Cabela's store yesterday and droped $640 bucks. I looked at that rifle but they want $1049 on sale regular $1099 here. My wife would shoot me with it if she found out I bought it along with everything else I brought home. ::) So it stayed on the shelf for another day. ;D

????  Cabela's?
Cabela's doesn't sell the Bulldog 762; the only source for it right now is www.ShortRifles.com

It's odd that so many people claim to have seen or even touched the Bulldog 762 at a gun show or store somewhere (and then make unfortunate comments about it) since it's not being sold or even displayed anywhere else than at ShortRifles.com.

I have met Sgt Cabral and even fired the Bulldog on several ocaissions, by the way. Weight is LESS than the standard M14/M1A; balance is phenominal - moves from carry to firing position in less than a heartbeat; effective range remains at 600 yds. for the short version and 1000+ yds for the standard barrel

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 08:41:12 PM »
????  Cabela's?
Cabela's doesn't sell the Bulldog 762; the only source for it right now is www.ShortRifles.com

It's odd that so many people claim to have seen or even touched the Bulldog 762 at a gun show or store somewhere (and then make unfortunate comments about it) since it's not being sold or even displayed anywhere else than at ShortRifles.com.

I have met Sgt Cabral and even fired the Bulldog on several ocaissions, by the way. Weight is LESS than the standard M14/M1A; balance is phenominal - moves from carry to firing position in less than a heartbeat; effective range remains at 600 yds. for the short version and 1000+ yds for the standard barrel
You're on the wrong thread, he was talking about the DPMS Oracle, the rifle this thread is about. He wasn't (and correct me if I'm wrong M25) talking about the rifle you hijacked the thread with even though you started another thread about it as well. He posted the part about Cabela's before you even mentioned the bulldog in this thread. Do you have a personal stake in the 762 Bulldog or something?
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:37:30 PM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 05:53:41 AM »
I don't much care for the gun, but I sure as hell like her outfit!  Bill T.

JohnBrantuk

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 10:03:43 AM »
You're on the wrong thread, he was talking about the DPMS Oracle, the rifle this thread is about. He wasn't (and correct me if I'm wrong M25) talking about the rifle you hijacked the thread with even though you started another thread about it as well. He posted the part about Cabela's before you even mentioned the bulldog in this thread. Do you have a personal stake in the 762 Bulldog or something?

Sorry, my computer screen was jumping around yesterday when I posted and somehow my post to the other thread got copied into this one.  I'm interested in the Bulldog 'cause some of my spec ops friends are using it "in the sandbox" and are exstatic about it.

GUNS-R-US

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 01:37:09 PM »
I'd like to try that bulldog setup, but as I think you have to buy the rifle for $1500+ and the bulldog stock for $1275+ I don't think it's going to happen!
Mike Kramer
2AF Life Member

JohnBrantuk

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 02:43:08 PM »
I'd like to try that bulldog setup, but as I think you have to buy the rifle for $1500+ and the bulldog stock for $1275+ I don't think it's going to happen!
Yeah, I think the ticket is to get it into the hands of folks who already own M1A's (or in the case of the U.S. Military, M14's).

Nice conversion if you already own an M1A; I've always wanted one and recently picked up a nice "vintage" one that I plan on converting.

You know, you can get good quality M1A's throught the CMP for about $500, I think.
http://www.thecmp.org

GUNS-R-US

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2010, 10:50:01 PM »
Yeah, I think the ticket is to get it into the hands of folks who already own M1A's (or in the case of the U.S. Military, M14's).

Nice conversion if you already own an M1A; I've always wanted one and recently picked up a nice "vintage" one that I plan on converting.

You know, you can get good quality M1A's throught the CMP for about $500, I think.
http://www.thecmp.org

Those are M1 Garand's and M1 Carbines still a good deal. Unfortunately they have never sold M14's civilized to the M1A's. Some thing to do with the select fire ability. I know the Springfield M1A's a not capable of being converted to be M14's. The receivers are minutely different.
Mike Kramer
2AF Life Member

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk