Author Topic: Russian Spies  (Read 3056 times)

tombogan03884

Russian Spies
« on: July 02, 2010, 12:59:54 AM »

seeker_two

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Russian Spies
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 05:16:37 AM »
Nations spy on their "friends" just as much as they spy on their "enemies".....remember all the spies we caught working for Israel?.....

Just business as usual in spookdom....  8)
Why, yes....I'm the right-wing extremist Obama warned you about... ;D

I just wish Texas was as free and independent as everyone thinks it is...   :'(

ratcatcher55

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 08:40:27 AM »
Nations spy on their "friends" just as much as they spy on their "enemies".....remember all the spies we caught working for Israel?.....

Just business as usual in spookdom....  8)
Hey we don't spy on people. We collect intelligence ;D

Timothy

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 08:50:14 AM »
Just my opinion and I will never trust a Russian for as long as I live!

From a previous discussion...

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 12:16:51 PM »
When the KGB was divided into FSB (internal) and SVR (Foreign) People were fired, not replaced with "new blood".
Vladimir Putin, who is in fact, if not in name, the new Tzar, is a former KGB Officer.
Why on Earth any one would think that  people who for 3 generations have referred to the US as "the Main Adversary", would suddenly become our bestest buddies baffles the crap out of me.
British Intel put Russia back on the "Hostile Services" list in '01 or '02, right after Putin's visit  ;D
The flag may have changed but otherwise it is business as usual.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:29:40 AM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 08:19:11 PM »
Question is, what exactly did these guys do that was illgeal? You have some on immigration fraud. Others, well they had cash and radios. Fine, is that illegal? Can you tie them to transferring classified data to a foriegn power? If not, you've got squat. I'm hoping there's more, but otherwise it sounds like those "domestic terrorism" cases Ashcroft brought out with a lot of fanfair that died with a whimper like the "Miami seven" and the "Dirty Bomber".
FQ13 who wonders "where's the beef"? What did they do?

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 01:15:59 AM »
You amaze me FQ.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 01:23:57 AM »
You amaze me FQ.
Seriously, what have they done? Are they hostile? Yes/ maybe? Have they compromised security? Not so much (at least according to what has been released, more to follow I hope). Its just that I am skeptical of DOJ making grand announcements about about a threat stopped and then getting fuzzy on the details. Blame them, not me. I have no sympathy for spies. I have less for prosecuters who want to try their case in the court of public opinion because they know they can't win in court. I ask again, where is the beef? Or is this win Ho Lee round 2? If they are spies shoot them. If they are DOJ functionaries playing a game of CYA, well, shoot them.
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk