Author Topic: Show us your Reloading set up  (Read 27504 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: Show us your Reloading set up
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 07:59:50 PM »
Question - One of the last things I need before getting into reloading is a tumbler and media separator. Any recommendations? Besides something on sale? ?

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/23658/catid/8/Dillon__039_s_CV_2001_Vibratory_Case_Cleaner

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/23662/catid/8/CM_2000_Case_Media_Separator

I bought the Dillon FL-2000 back in the 80's when they came out, and it's still going strong. If and when it ever bites the big one I'll replace it with the exact same thing. It's well made and large enough to hold plenty of brass. I believe it's now called the CV-2001. Dillon also sells a nice size media separator, but mine came with my marriage. She is just as fast!  Bill T.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 08:00:32 PM »
This is what happens when you reload a lot. 2 Dillon 550b's

Not included are single stage presses, my Mec shotgun reloader, or my casting or cleaning equipment, 3 vibratory and one still rotary case cleaner. But look at the tuperware bins I keep my dirty brass sorted from my clean brass in, they each hold several thousand cases.

Maybe I will take a few more pics, to show the rest.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 09:07:26 PM »
This is what happens when you reload a lot. 2 Dillon 550b's

Uh, where are they? ? ? ?

;D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

kilopaparomeo

• Top Forum Member
  • My own private purgatory...
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 10:04:07 PM »
First pic is the bench with tumbler, bullet sizer/crimp remover, MEC shotshell reloader, RCBS scale, RCBS progressive and Lee turret press and a few tools.

Second pic are components, dies and bullet molds.

NRA Endowment Life Member
SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
Ultima Ratio Civis - "The last method of a citizen"

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 05:08:53 AM »
A couple pics of my reloading shed

These pics are a little old I have another 2 presses now and little more ammo and stuff  ;D
Top pic is one of my ammo safes in the shed.
The last couple pics you can see how one side of the bench lifts up out of the way. When out it is braced against the floor and ceiling for additional stabilization.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:27:56 AM »

Combat Diver

• De Oppresso Liber
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 10:25:40 AM »
While I started reloading with a Lee handloader in the barracks, I soon moved up to a used RCBS RS2 single stage press on a folding table (carted that thing around post to post and to Germany).  Once I bought a house keep the same table in the garage or barn.  Now that I finally retired but still not home my wife built for me last year a 16x20 two store work shop.  One corner is set up for reloading and casting.  Here's a picture when I set it all up.

Here's another shot taken last week when I was home on leave.  Lots of empty brass above and below in cans and crates.  From left to right on the bench is a Lyman sizer/lubicator, Mec 450 Jr 12 ga press, Dillion 550B, powder stand and that old RS2 single stage.  Need a case vibrator next.  

CD
Iraq: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09,15 & 16' Afghanistan: 09,10,11,14 & 17'

Badgersmilk

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 04:54:50 PM »
This is the first time I ever actually saw this thread.  And a few of the setups are very nice.  BUT!

A little something to think about here.  Do you fella's realize the police, FBI, ATF, and so on ALL regularly report in the media that they consider even so much as one small container of loose powder "Bomb making materials"?

Just saying...

Oh yeah.  "I gave away ALL my reloading stuff a year ago.  Guns, ammunition, ALL of it.";  My official statement on this matter.

:)

SpottHogg

• "Shoot it Clean"
  • Forum Member
  • Custom 686+
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 09:03:29 PM »
Here is my "Ballistics Lab" equipped for single stage or progressive pistol & rifle, progressive shotgun(press not pictured), bullet casting, and ultimate precision benchrest loading. Yup, its my favorite room or shall I say "man cave"!!!!

-SpottHogg  
NRA Member, USPSA, ICORE, Steel Challenge Competitor. Precision Reloader
 2010 CT State ICORE Championship Open Division Unclassified Champion

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 04:54:13 AM »
Nice set up.
those Canon PowerShot A1000 take a nice pic!
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 907
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 07:46:05 AM »
This is the first time I ever actually saw this thread.  And a few of the setups are very nice.  BUT!

A little something to think about here.  Do you fella's realize the police, FBI, ATF, and so on ALL regularly report in the media that they consider even so much as one small container of loose powder "Bomb making materials"?

Just saying...

Oh yeah.  "I gave away ALL my reloading stuff a year ago.  Guns, ammunition, ALL of it.";  My official statement on this matter.

:)

How many of you have ever listened to a radio report or read a news story that talks about the arsenal and inventory ... stock pile of ammunition and then considered what you have at home?  I mean, four guns and 75 rounds of ammunition  :o  Just saying   :-\
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk