Author Topic: Midway "Sniper" Drag Bag Gun Case ?  (Read 8866 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Midway "Sniper" Drag Bag Gun Case ?
« on: July 29, 2010, 12:21:13 PM »
Does anyone have one of these? I thought the price and reviews on them looked good and they were on sale, so I went ahead and ordered one. I also ordered a couple of their "Tactical" gun socks and their Pistol Cases with the magazine pouches. The price seemed good. I had read they are made from very coarse, heavy, Cordura PVC coated Nylon, and can scratch any kind of high gloss rifle stocks so that's why I bought the tactical socks to put the gun into first, then the case. They'll arrive Monday so I'm kind of anxious to see how they look. Some of these drag bag style cases run into the hundreds of dollars, so I'm interested how the quality is. The pistol cases seemed like a really good buy.   Bill T.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=294902

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=796584

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=939160870

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Midway "Sniper" Drag Bag Gun Case ?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 02:47:13 PM »
I've never used one but am curious to read your review once you get them. The pistol case looks like a good deal with 7 mag pouches. I may have to check one of those out myself. On a semi-related note if you are looking for a nice tactical pistol case I picked one of these up a couple months ago and liked it so much I just ordered 2 more: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=CASE-256
I got 3 different colors so I can readily identify what gun I'm grabbing out of the safe. Everything is nicely contained and it doesn't look like a gun case. I've carried one into the bank, you name it without a second look.
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 04:24:54 PM »
If it is similar to the case by Voodoo Tactical, it should be a good deal. The price is MSRP, but dealers have it cheaper.

http://www.voodootactical.net/p-26-military-style-sniper-rifle-drag-bag-from-voodoo-tactical.aspx

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SearchResults.aspx?catid=183&site=All+Products&num=10&q=rifle+bag

http://sportsmansguide.com/net/search/search.aspx?r=MainHeader+KW+Box&s=&a=browse&k=tactical+rifle+case

I use the double rifle, bag, it straps than down very securely, mag pouches are removable, and latching, back-pack style straps option, room for all kinda stuff. Heavy duty zippers, great stitching, quick spray of Scotch guard from time to time.

Lots of good deals around. Take Care. What are you going to do buy two dozen or so? ;)

tw

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 05:12:49 PM »
I don't have that many long guns, I've only really been bitten by that bug the last couple years. I always felt I could get by with 1 hunting rifle and a couple shotguns. I do have 4 or 5 AR's if you count the .22's as well. I've even thinned out my pistol collection a bit to get some optics and other accessories. I figure if we get to SHTF level you can only take so much stuff with you space wise so I'm working towards increasing the quality of my arsenal and decreasing the shear volume of it. I also have a little stash at both my parents house and my in-laws house just in case.  ;D
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 06:21:58 PM »
As soon as I get it, I'll do a review of it after I check it out real good. Midway's quality is usually very good, so I'm not too worried. I mainly want it to use for transportation to and from the range. I doubt it will receive much "field use". It should be perfect to transport 2 bolt actions or AR's in the back of the truck.  Bill T.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:12:18 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 10:34:14 PM »
I have used Gun socks before, love them with a pistol, with a rifle it is one continuous snag , front sight, optic, action and sling swivels. They are more or less useless (except the silicone ) as you still need a real case .
I have the shorter version of the "drag bag" for my AR, It works OK,  but again A) it screams GUN,  B) You still need a real hard side case if you want to really protect the guns.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 09:19:00 AM »
                                                            Midway Tactical Sniper Drag Bag

My Midway gun case order arrived today and I was anxious to see the “Drag Bag” sniper rifle case, and my 2 Midway handgun cases that I ordered with it. I also ordered 2 of the “Tactical” rifle socks. All arrived well packaged and without any damage in a nice over sized heavy gage cardboard box. None of the items were folded, or otherwise crushed to fit into a smaller package that is quite common these days with shipping and packaging costs on the rise.

One obvious word of caution when ordering items like this, is to be very careful when cutting any of the outside packing tape when opening. I used a retractable razor knife with the blade barely extended as little as possible. If I had exposed any more of the blade it most likely would have cut the case which was tightly packed inside.

After removing everything from the box and Poly bags each individual item was packaged in, I was VERY pleasantly surprised at the overall quality. The case is very well made with heavy double stitching everywhere. There are more compartments, zippers, buckles, straps, Velcro closures, and snaps than you care to count. There is a very heavy Cordura Nylon nose piece that fits over the front of the case that can easily be pulled back to fully unzip the case, exposing both rifle compartments. Also, the entire length of the zipper is protected by another heavy Cordura Nylon flap cover containing snaps that run the full length of the case. A really nice feature that protects the zipper, and would no doubt help in making the case waterproof.

The sides of the case contain no less than 4 large, independent zippered compartments for holding items as large as a spotting scope and table tripod. The large zippered rear compartment also has another “case within a case” that unzips diagonally for even more storage, effectively doubling it’s size. There is ample material used in construction of this case that will easily allow for it to expand laterally as you fill the pouches and compartments with guns, shooting gear, ammo, and equipment. There are stitched in Molle straps on the sides of all of these compartments to allow the attaching of even more gear.

All of the zippers used in the case are of the very large, nylon type. The kind you see on heavy winter Parkas and jackets. All have  heavy nylon cord with large plastic tabs attached for easy opening. No “hunting” for the impossible to find, tiny zipper tab that disappears, like on a new pair of jeans.

The inside of the double rifle compartment is divided by a heavy, padded, Nylon partition that will not allow the weapons inside to come into contact with each other. There are also straps and plastic buckles to secure each weapon to opposite sides of the case.

Here is where some scratching could occur if the case was handled roughly with weapons inside, because the material of the case itself is of such heavy gage PVC coated Nylon it could cause scratching. This is why I purchased the 2 Tactical Rifle Socks. By placing each weapon into the protective sock, then into the case, you will eliminate any possibility of scuffing the weapon. Cordura Nylon can be abrasive if rubbed against something for any length of time.

I am very pleased with this case, and would recommend it’s purchase to anyone who is looking for a well made, functional, low cost Drag Bag to protect an expensive rifle. Some of these type of cases I’ve examined before I made the purchase of this Midway model cost well over double, and did not afford the overall quality this case does.

Midway Tactical Pistol Case

I ordered 2 of these cases sight unseen mainly because of the low cost. I was not disappointed with the quality and size of them. The cases are very large, and will easily accommodate any full size, large frame defensive handgun or revolver. They have a large Velcro flap closure that uncovers 7 large magazine pouches. These pouches can contain large, high capacity, double stack magazines like those for Glocks and Springfield XD type pistols. They have very large, wide Nylon carry straps that are heavily stitched to the inside of the case making for a very clean look. No threads were hanging out of any of the attachment points. For $7.99 I don’t see how they are making money on these things, they are in fact that nice!

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 08:01:10 AM »
I thought it might be good to drag this topic back up.  The links below are for pricey items, but I think they are on the top of the heap for carrying in your AR style rifle to a hunt or on a pack trip. 

My favorite and large enough for long barrel "308" size AR:
http://eberlestock.com/G2%20Gunslinger%20II.htm

Others I like.
http://eberlestock.com/Phantom%20Backpack.htm
http://eberlestock.com/X3%20Lodrag%20Pack.htm
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk