Author Topic: This half-assed election  (Read 3345 times)

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
This half-assed election
« on: February 07, 2008, 05:48:38 AM »
I stole this from Townhall.com: 
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
Re: This half-assed election
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 06:15:49 AM »
More telling than the fact that each candidate got so many delegates this past Tuesday is the voter turnout - the Dems turned out in droves compared to the Republicans. Even if Fred were the winner we would be in trouble - the Dems would simply outvote us at every turn. In ND, the total number of Republicans voting was 20% less than what the leading Dem received alone.

And Dakotaranger, know just how half-assed this election is? North Dakota Dems went for Obama! Surreal . . .  ???
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 06:32:22 AM »
Path,

I think many conservatives did not show up because they had no one to vote for.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 07:50:25 AM »
Even if Fred were the winner we would be in trouble - the Dems would simply outvote us at every turn. In ND, the total number of Republicans voting was 20% less than what the leading Dem received alone.

Like 2006, this year could be a big Dem year. If Hillary or Obama win it will likely be big, with their coattails allowing many Dems to ride to Senate and Congressional seat as well as Guv, etc. And those who want to sit out the election or say a vote for McCain is no different than a vote for Hillary/Obama will allow that to happen if feelings don't change between now and Nov.

Nor should we fall for the trap of thinking that an Obama/Hillary presidency will show the American people how awful liberalism is and allow Reps to make a comeback in 2010 and 2012. 2008 may be the year in which liberalism becomes the dominate way of political thought for the next couple of decades.

I live in Ky, which has long been a swing state which twice voted for Clinton and twice for W. My sense is an Obama or Hillary would do very well here, possibly well enuff to win.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 08:01:03 AM »
Well there is this little blue pill......OH! you said "eLection".  Sorry, My Bad ;D

I know, it was like shooting fish in a barrel, but SOMEBODY had to do it. ;)
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:36:55 PM »

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 12:50:12 PM »
BOHICA !      Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk