Author Topic: Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives:  (Read 17130 times)

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives:
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 08:42:19 PM »
Yup, on the way to Kennebunk, north of Wells.

Great food...they make a lobster pie that'll make you drool...breakfast anytime, blue berry griddle cakes with pure maple syrup are a "don't miss"...

My blood sugar just jumped 300 points READING this stuff!!
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

SwoopSJ

• November 12, 1978 - November 2, 2011
  • DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Love thy neighbor.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 10:02:32 PM »
I thought I heard a scream from somewhere inside my house.   :o  Turns out it was just my bathroom scale anticipating the effect this thread was going to have on me.   :(

Swoop

"...to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."  --Richard H. Lee

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 10:26:56 PM »
Knowing the owner of one of the places that has been on that show, Its not what you guys think...  you have to send in a video of your place, then if your lucky you have to pay for them to come out and check it out.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010, 05:34:30 AM »
However it works, it's one of the most enjoyable food shows I've ever seen. I love all that kind of food because it's SO good for ya.
From now on every trip I go on I'm going to Google the show and see if there's a great place where I'm going.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 05:48:48 AM »
However it works, it's one of the most enjoyable food shows I've ever seen. I love all that kind of food because it's SO good for ya.
From now on every trip I go on I'm going to Google the show and see if there's a great place where I'm going.

I'm with you Jay. I love that show. Not just because I'm a foody, but because it's what I like to eat. There was this episode about two gals in Wi. who had a Diner. No recipe, but I put toghther their main draw.
THE MESS
Take two fresh chorizo sausages and crumble out side the casing.  Render slowlly
add finely chopped onions
add defrosted and drained shredded fozen hash browns, scattered and cooked on M/H till crispy or to taste (shredd fresh potatoes on a mandoline if you are feeling hard core)
(add green peppers, mushrooms etc. cooked seperately as desired)
add two slices of American cheese and one raw egg (it will cook with the cooling hash browns)
Its spicy, easy, unique and a damn solid breakfast or dinner. Easy as rolling out of bed and you can't beat it. (Nutricious too. You get all four food groups. ;D)
FQ13 who spits at the word cholesterol. ;D (sic)
FQ13

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:22:18 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 11:13:20 AM »
I'm with you Jay. I love that show. Not just because I'm a foody, but because it's what I like to eat. There was this episode about two gals in Wi. who had a Diner. No recipe, but I put toghther their main draw.
THE MESS
Take two fresh chorizo sausages and crumble out side the casing.  Render slowlly
add finely chopped onions
add defrosted and drained shredded fozen hash browns, scattered and cooked on M/H till crispy or to taste (shredd fresh potatoes on a mandoline if you are feeling hard core)
(add green peppers, mushrooms etc. cooked seperately as desired)
add two slices of American cheese and one raw egg (it will cook with the cooling hash browns)
Its spicy, easy, unique and a damn solid breakfast or dinner. Easy as rolling out of bed and you can't beat it. (Nutricious too. You get all four food groups. ;D)
FQ13 who spits at the word cholesterol. ;D (sic)
FQ13

You actually got that one right   ;D

But at $50,000 + a pop you might want to rethink that, you can eat yourself from healthy to dead in 3 years or less.

McGyver

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2010, 11:58:04 AM »
T. C. H. "Ok~~~~~!!
Which one of you pranksters snuck into my closet and
made my jeans too small?" via FaceBook!      ;D LMAO!

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
On John Wayne's Tombstone

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2010, 12:48:45 PM »
T. C. H. "Ok~~~~~!!

Yeah one does wonder huh muaaahhhhh.

Perhaps a drive-by the pancake place is better than drive-in if some ones jeans are a little tight - just saying  :-*
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2010, 06:46:56 PM »
Butter, pork fat, and seasoned grease/oil......That's the stuff.....

One can even be creative an have all that on a "salad",......with a Diet Coke...see? all better now,... :P
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2010, 06:02:19 AM »
T. C. H. "Ok~~~~~!!

bhwaaaaaa   8)
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk