Author Topic: 87,000 Ruger LCPs sold within 5 days  (Read 43493 times)

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 87,000 Ruger LCPs sold within 5 days
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2008, 06:00:52 AM »
Hey, whatever happened to all the "NEVER drop below a 9mm, mouseguns, just piss him off" advice for CCW guns?  Mac
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008, 07:12:47 AM »
Hey, whatever happened to all the "NEVER drop below a 9mm, mouseguns, just piss him off" advice for CCW guns?  Mac
Funny you should say that. I was out at the range yesterday talking to this fella who had a half dozen little popcorn makers. AMT 22, AMT 32, etc. etc. If you get good shot placement you can kill, but these things won't SCARE anyone to look at them, that's for sure.
I'm sure someone will reply that they can be very successful with little dinky guns and probably so, but I would want the confidence of "slow down", if not "Knock down" power.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2008, 07:55:29 AM »
I am one of those people who can't pocket carry anything larger than  a Kel Tec unless I am wearing bib overalls or cargo pants. If work requires kakais and a tucked in oxford or polo shirt I'm left out in the cold gun wise. First rule of self defense is have a gun. The advice given by some to dress around the gun is BS. How can I dress around the gun when my work attire is dictated?

In a SG a few seasons back the episode was to have yet another guru teach us about guns and SD. The show started with a table full of guns and the guru started his spiel by saying "friends don't let friends carry 380s". As soon as those words were uttered I flipped the channel since I refuse to listen to a smarta$$ punk like that.

The small pocket guns have their place.

They beat confronting a bad guy with thumb and forefinger and saying bang.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2008, 08:02:40 AM »
I am one of those people who can't pocket carry anything larger than  a Kel Tec unless I am wearing bib overalls or cargo pants. If work requires kakais and a tucked in oxford or polo shirt I'm left out in the cold gun wise. First rule of self defense is have a gun. The advice given by some to dress around the gun is BS. How can I dress around the gun when my work attire is dictated?

In a SG a few seasons back the episode was to have yet another guru teach us about guns and SD. The show started with a table full of guns and the guru started his spiel by saying "friends don't let friends carry 380s". As soon as those words were uttered I flipped the channel since I refuse to listen to a smarta$$ punk like that.

+1   I carry a Kel Tek 380 and sorry all you 1911 onlys, I don't feel under guned.  I will have to shoot what, maybe 10 feet?  I practice with my 'pop gun' and I carry good ammo and an extra mag.  Works for me AND I always have it with me.

That's why I like Walt Raush (sp) on this subject and what he calls "always" guns.  Plus he will tell you that little snubbies are  great and ask why you think you need more than what's in the gun?  If that didn't solve your problem most likely more lead won't either.  Walt strikes me as a man that lives in the real world not some quasi-tacticle one.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2008, 02:36:09 PM »
Walt Rauch has done and experienced more things in his life than most of us will in 5 lives..
He is an A1 plus, genuine great guy. No bull shit in him.. if he says it.. he means it.
I just adore him.
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 02:27:41 PM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2008, 02:50:44 PM »
Walt Rauch has done and experienced more things in his life than most of us will in 5 lives..
He is an A1 plus, genuine great guy. No bull shit in him.. if he says it.. he means it.
I just adore him.

Yep.  I have never met the man but he just impresses the hell out of me.

His treatise on the snubbies said pretty much everything you need to know and it didn't take him an hour to say it.

His delivery is simple and straight forward with a sort of "Here's the truth.  If you don't want to believe it that's no skin off my nose" smile and attitude.  No gruff, no bluff just the real skinny.

Definitely a guy I would like to have a beer (or two ;D) with.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2008, 09:40:50 PM »

to bad you have an itchy trigger-finger w/ that remote because i am 99.9% he went on to defend the same gun you thought he was insulting.  But then again it was a while ago.  MB will have to back me up to find that .1%.  :D

I am not a fan of the .380 but own and have carried on more than one occasion. But being my size my primary pocket carry is the S&W642 Airweight. I think a better carry/recoil/no slide-bite/better sighting(with CrimsonTrace)

But i can also admit anytime the "sub-cal." is on my person i always make sure i have the folding blade which I feel the most comfortable and training with.
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

tombogan03884

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2008, 02:35:17 AM »
Personally, I'm not comfortable with little guns, no slam at the .380 here, I don't care if it's a .500 S&W , if it's got small grips I'm not comfortable shooting it, The smallest gun I like is a PA-63 Walther clone in 9mm Makarov I got through Shotgun News, although the J frame size Smith's and Taurus's would probably be OK with different grips,  the ones I've fired all had the factory wood grips. CT's look like they would be more comfortable than the wood.  ::)

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2008, 11:18:58 AM »
Here's the first video report of the Ruger LCP:

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2008, 11:32:39 AM »
This week's podcast covers more about the LCP, the use and carry of pocket pistols:

http://www.downrange.tv/radio/47.htm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk