Author Topic: Arizona wants all ammo coded and sales recorded.  (Read 4021 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Arizona wants all ammo coded and sales recorded.
« on: February 14, 2008, 01:48:54 PM »
Here is the proposed bill.

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/legtext/48leg/2r/bills/hb2833p.htm

Quick summary;

All ammo to be coded (micro stamp?) and sales recorded.  It also  states that private citizens caught with out coded ammo after 2011 would be in violation so that covers reloading!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Arizona wants all ammo coded and sales recorded.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 03:08:49 PM »
They are trying it in many states now, all the states have it dead in the house. it will never fly, too costly. Washington state and tennessee has shot it down already.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 03:13:56 PM »
Oh, I am sure that it won't fly.  Just good to know who your enemies are.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Swamp Yankee

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 04:32:38 PM »
 It would seem that some one was lost in the Peyotti patch a little to long. Where do these morons come up with this crap. Honestly Etch the Bullet so it could be matched to the case it was fired from. I guess they do not realize that sometimes the bullet breaks apart ( Frangible Ammo) . Also Etch the inside of the case, I hope it is still readable after the powder has burned and lightly etched the inside of the case over thier etching. Then lets say I have 100,000 rounds of Ammo stored for future use. If it is not used up by 2011 I have to destroy it( I don't think so) this stuff is not cheap. Then what abought the home reloader he is actually manufacturing Cartridges though not for sale. I guess they will be breaking the law because he can't afford the equipment to encode all of his stuff. I guess when a small minded person is elected by thier constituents all that power is intoxicating and they forget what they are there for (represent the people AKA the Majority).

Mike Mc
NRA Certified Instructor, Rifle, Pistol & Shotgun

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 05:00:07 PM »
They are trying it in many states now, all the states have it dead in the house. it will never fly, too costly. Washington state and tennessee has shot it down already.

Just like MA & CA would never ban "assault weapons"? And doesn't Ca have a law on the books that states new autos must imprint a number on the fired case? Don't underestimate the idiocy of the peoples republic states. Given the current wave of school shootings Dems will be pressing for this, and worse, legislation as soon as the election is over.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:20:34 PM »

wisconsin

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 05:18:25 PM »
Nothing surprises me anymore. Sorry to say!
" I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."   John Wayne

jpr9954

• Active Forum Member
    • No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 07:55:33 PM »
I read the Pennsylvania bill which was sponsored by (mostly) a bunch of Philadelphia Democrats. I'll wager that most of these bills have virtually the same wording. It would be very interesting to see where it comes from.

The PA bill would establish a database of every ammo purchase, shell by shell, box by box, purchaser by purchaser. To pay for all of this, there is a 5 cents per round tax. In other words, a double whammy - even if you do go through the trouble to buy it, we'll make it so expensive you just won't want to do it.

John
So-called gun-free zones are nothing but hunting preserves for psychopaths that hunt humans. -- Massad Ayoob

http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com

Co-host of The Polite Society Podcast

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 08:44:16 PM »
Their goal is to un-invent firearms. Like un-ringing a bell. If the government ignores 12 million illegal aliens because it is too big of a problem, what will they do with 80 million gun owners?

Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 09:01:21 PM »
Their goal is to un-invent firearms. Like un-ringing a bell. If the government ignores 12 million illegal aliens because it is too big of a problem, what will they do with 80 million gun owners?

Mac.

Mac,

You're missing a couple of salient points.

1st They don't want to do any thing about illegal immigration and just passing laws won't do any good,  Bad guys don't care about laws, and many others are on the illegals side (ACLU, etc)

2nd  If you pass a gun law many good gun owners will blindly comply and there are many antis that will be happy to turn the rest in.

Yes, some will resist but I often wonder if we will be enough.

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 01:40:14 AM »
It would seem that some one was lost in the Peyotti patch a little to long. Where do these morons come up with this crap. Honestly Etch the Bullet so it could be matched to the case it was fired from. I guess they do not realize that sometimes the bullet breaks apart ( Frangible Ammo) . Also Etch the inside of the case, I hope it is still readable after the powder has burned and lightly etched the inside of the case over thier etching. Then lets say I have 100,000 rounds of Ammo stored for future use. If it is not used up by 2011 I have to destroy it( I don't think so) this stuff is not cheap. Then what abought the home reloader he is actually manufacturing Cartridges though not for sale. I guess they will be breaking the law because he can't afford the equipment to encode all of his stuff. I guess when a small minded person is elected by thier constituents all that power is intoxicating and they forget what they are there for (represent the people AKA the Majority).

Mike Mc

Ca.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk