Author Topic: Who wants to be first  (Read 4515 times)

ske1eter

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Who wants to be first
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 05:50:55 PM »
Can't be any more dangerous than the freeways around here as you're the only one on the rope at a given time.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 05:52:52 PM »
I'd do it...

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1088
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 05:55:44 PM »
The older I get the less I'd like to do "fun" things like that.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 06:18:15 PM »
I'd do it...

How long has that cable been there? How securly is it anchored? When was the last time someone competant inspected it?
When I was about 20 I went deer hunting in a national forest. I found a very old deer stand. Old 2x4s, big nails, perched precariously about 20 feet up a tree. Been there God knows how long. Like an idiot, I climbed it. I sat there for about 5 minutes, and shifted around to look behind me. I heard a creak and a snap. Let me tell you, you would be amazed at how fast a white boy can descend 20 feet.
I do not not trust super annuated redneck ingenuity.
FQ13

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 06:28:49 PM »
How long has that cable been there? How securly is it anchored? When was the last time someone competant inspected it?
When I was about 20 I went deer hunting in a national forest. I found a very old deer stand. Old 2x4s, big nails, perched precariously about 20 feet up a tree. Been there God knows how long. Like an idiot, I climbed it. I sat there for about 5 minutes, and shifted around to look behind me. I heard a creak and a snap. Let me tell you, you would be amazed at how fast a white boy can descend 20 feet.
FQ13

I've been roped off to much worse. 

doing things like that are the one thing I miss about being a industrial painter. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:11:52 PM »

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 11:16:10 AM »
FQ13

WHO CARES!!!!!!! What, do you plan to live forever? I say screw that. I'm gonna do all the crazy stuff I can cause the purpose of life is not to arrive at the pearly gates all perfectly preserved. You should be sliding in sideways battered and abused screaming "what a ride!"  I have said this a few times, (to the shock and disgust of people who care about me) but I truly hope that my last thought on this earth is "oops" After all, when the mistake is big enough, the pain only lasts for a second. And if it doesn't kill me it just gives me the opportunity to get sponge baths from cute college nursing students.  ;)
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 12:58:16 PM »
And if it doesn't kill me it just gives me the opportunity to get sponge baths from cute college nursing students.  ;)
Who's as apt as not to be named Carlos these days. :o ;D
FQ13

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 12:22:10 PM »
Who's as apt as not to be named Carlos these days. :o ;D
FQ13

Why do you gotta be such a kill joy?  ;D
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk