Author Topic: Unbelievable Price On Federal XM-193 Ball !  (Read 16129 times)

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Unbelievable Price On Federal XM-193 Ball !
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 07:57:05 PM »
Check these prices as well I've ordered quite a bit of M855 and PMC X-Tac here lately: http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/223-556-ammo.php
$12 per thousand shipping too. They just ran the X-Tac for $5.49 a box in case price and probably will again. I'm back up to over 10k of 5.56 again, time for another class.
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 08:15:14 PM »
The UPS man just came. Another 2,400 rounds of M-855 is now in stock. Can't possibly have too much ammo!  Bill T.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 05:14:42 AM »
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 06:00:58 AM »
That's a good price! A few bucks cheaper than the IMI M-855. Federal Mil-Spec ammo is about as good as it gets. I wonder if it is loaded as hot as the IMI? Ammo is coming down in price across the board. I just wonder how long it will last?  Bill T.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2011, 09:12:27 AM »
Component prices should be going down too.

Stock up on powder, bullets and primers while they are cheaper.

Buy and shoot the cheaper ammo while the prices are low and save all the brass.

If, or more probably when, prices rise again, reload.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 04:51:46 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2011, 07:29:14 PM »
Looks like I bought my 2,400 rounds of IMI, M-855 from Wideners just in the nick of time. The joint blew up today at 10:00 AM this morning!  Bill T.

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/News/article.php?ID=80632

breezzer99

• Active Forum Member
  • trust your finger it says I twitch you die
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2011, 09:59:19 AM »
thats nuts glad no one got hurt and hopefully it will be ruled as a accident

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2011, 11:31:53 AM »
I called Wideners and they're still up and running. I just ordered 5,000 Lake City 55 Gr. .224 FMJ bullets from them. Good deal at $390.00 including shipping USPS. Should be here by next week. That comes to only $7.80 a hundred shipped.  Bill T.

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=8691

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2011, 01:23:04 PM »
My Lake City, M-193, 55 Gr. FMJ Boatail projectiles came Saturday from Widener's. They ship in 1,000 round bags, 5 bags to the case. The poor USPS girl was struggling to bring them to my door. Melanie heard the truck pull up and ran out to help her. I was at work. Must have been a Kodak Moment seeing 2 women carrying in my bullets!

Anyway these bullets are the absolute highest quality bulk bullets I've ever seen. They are very smooth, shiney, and uniform, and the cannurles are smoothly indented with no raised areas. They are much better than the Winchester bullets of the same type I loaded on my last batch.

It's going to be a while before I get them all loaded up, and can do any accuracy testing with them. I've got a ton of cases to prep, and I'll hold off with those until the hot weather sets in this Summer. I'm going to have to get another 8 pounds of powder, and I'm trying to decide what to buy. I want something that meters through my Dillon measure well. I was thinking about trying H-335 or else BL-C2. Both are good in the AR-15. For anyone who loads a lot of .223, check out these Lake City Projectiles from Wideners. They are good bullets at a very good price.  Bill T.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk