Author Topic: rifle kaboom video  (Read 7680 times)

Badgersmilk

rifle kaboom video
« on: October 05, 2010, 03:53:03 PM »
Only reason I'm posting this (REALLY!) is I thought AR's were suposed to be safe to fire wet?  :-\

MUTE your computer! & watch: 

The important part is at 1:30 -2:20

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: rifle kaboom video
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 04:04:45 PM »
The H&K 416 is a piston weapon, not direct impingement like the Colt. Piston actuated AR's fire better when exposed to water. LWRC AR-15's are capable of much the same thing. H&K didn't come up with anything new here.  Bill T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMZX5WO1uSk&feature=related

Badgersmilk

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 04:21:28 PM »
Got about 10 seconds into that and couldn't help but think of FQ hunting frogs!  LOL! ;D

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 04:33:53 PM »
Got about 10 seconds into that and couldn't help but think of FQ hunting frogs!  LOL! ;D
Should have thought about FQ once again rethinking the AR-AK thing because down here? If you need to use it for its intended purpose, God knows you're going to wind up in the water (canal, pond, intercoastal, whatever) sooner rather than later. Damn you Badger! ;D :-\
FQ13 who ten minutes ago was perfectly happy with his AR and brand new toad wackinator. >:(

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 06:27:11 PM »
Went to a lot of trouble to blow up a perfectly good rifle!  I would have taken it for free and saved him a lot of trouble.

Really I would have.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:32:42 AM »

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 06:30:51 PM »
Really nice HK builds and tests such a durable weapon. Cause their retail civilian customer service leaves much to be desired.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 06:35:11 PM »
Really nice HK builds and tests such a durable weapon. Cause their retail civilian customer service leaves much to be desired.

You will note the test gun was full auto. It wasn't marketed to you or me. After all, who wants to mess with a market numbering in the millions when you can just sell to government agencies? Gun makers for gun control! ??? Paging Bill Ruger (sorry, I couldn't resist). ;D
FQ13

Badgersmilk

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 10:11:47 PM »
Should have thought about FQ once again rethinking the AR-AK thing because down here? If you need to use it for its intended purpose, God knows you're going to wind up in the water (canal, pond, intercoastal, whatever) sooner rather than later. Damn you Badger! ;D :-\
FQ13 who ten minutes ago was perfectly happy with his AR and brand new toad wackinator. >:(

Hey, I did everything I could to steer you straight before your money was spent on that AR!  You were just misdirected by all the internet ninja's.   ;)

Now that prices are back down, just think of all the cool AK stuff you could cash in on if you got rid of that poodle shooter!  :)

It's never to late to go AK!!!  ;D ;D ;D

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 10:36:56 AM »
Hey, I did everything I could to steer you straight before your money was spent on that AR!  You were just misdirected by all the internet ninja's.   ;)

Now that prices are back down, just think of all the cool AK stuff you could cash in on if you got rid of that poodle shooter!  :)

It's never to late to go AK!!!  ;D ;D ;D

I second that AK love. ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 11:01:21 AM »

FQ,

What kind of AR-15 did you buy?  Bill T.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk