Author Topic: 'brownies' in a plastic bag - yet another cub scout approved  (Read 7118 times)

wtr100

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
'brownies' in a plastic bag - yet another cub scout approved
« on: November 15, 2010, 10:39:27 AM »
The cub scouts were invited to camp with the boy scouts as part of  the transition to boy scouts

we made these to show off to the 'big guys'

In cheap zip lock bag 
1 sleeve of grahm crackers crushed to crumbs
2 tbs coco mix

In GOOD ZIPLOCK 1 GALLON FREEZER BAG
~ 2/3 cup of chocolate chips
2 tbs coco mix

to make these boil water and add maybe 3 tbs boiling water to the bag with the chips and squish it arounf till ye get a nice glopply mess in the bag - a pat of butter if ya got it here works well too

pour the contents of the other bag in a squish around some more till it makes a kinda gloppy dough like mess and pat it out to an even thichness in the bag

let it cool an for as long as you can stand

in maybe 30 minutes you'll end up with a brownie like thing - before than a sorta pudding dough

if you let it cool you can cut each bag into 4 servings

cinnamon graham crackers are even better for this -  for the adult batch a little pinch of cyayanne pepper in it is awesome!
Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, 60 rounds powder and ball and be ready to march at a minute's warning.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: 'brownies' in a plastic bag - yet another cub scout approved
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 10:49:31 AM »
YUMM!!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 12:11:12 PM »
Mmm, chocolate. I like the idea of adding cayenne. I sometimes add a dash of red hot sauce to my hot chocolate. It's more like the original hot chocolate the Aztecs had. It sounds odd but it works.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 07:13:18 PM »
Jumbo, that is just wrong! But then, I ain't a big fan of peppers.

WTR, here's another to try. Simple, delicious and minimal cleanup which is important for a breakfast when you have a full, busy day planned.

Scrambled eggs (or omelet) in a bag

2 raw eggs per Scout
1 ziploc FREEZER bag (must be a freezer bag)
Assorted add-ins - bacon bits, chopped onions, shredded cheese, peppers, ham chunks, etc.
Pita bread, cut in half across

Have the Scouts each mix what they want in their freezer bag, seal, mash up the ingredients, and drop into boiling water. Have a good flamethrower on the water cuz when 20 scouts dump their freezer bags into the water, the temp will drop fast!. After 5-8 minutes the eggs are done. Open the bag (carefully, of course - HOT!) and dump the contents into the open pita bread half. Sprinkle with salt, ketchup, Tabasco sauce, whatever to taste. Consume. Repeat as needed.

Clean up consists of the used freezer bag and the boiling water.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 07:54:01 PM »
There are a lot of chocolate and chile recipes but I haven't tried any. I did have a bag of chile chocolate covered pecans. They were okay but not great IMO. http://amourchocolates.gourmetfoodmall.com/ProductDetail.php?product=8369
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 08:31:38 PM »

WTR, here's another to try. Simple, delicious and minimal cleanup which is important for a breakfast when you have a full, busy day planned.

2 raw eggs per Scout
Assorted add-ins - bacon bits, chopped onions, shredded cheese, peppers, ham chunks, etc.

Have the Scouts each mix what they want in their freezer bag, seal, mash up the ingredients, and drop into boiling water. Have a good flamethrower on the water cuz when 20 scouts dump their freezer bags into the water, the temp will drop fast!. After 5-8 minutes the eggs are done. Open the bag (carefully, of course - HOT!) and dump the contents into the open pita bread half. Sprinkle with salt, ketchup, Tabasco sauce, whatever to taste. Consume. Repeat as needed.

Now you tell me. 

I once cooked 27 2 egg ham and cheese omelets for the coed Explorer Post I led on a weekend camping trip to Natural Bridge Ky. on a two burner Coleman camp stove.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

wtr100

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 07:46:10 AM »

2 raw eggs per Scout

boy scouts love that one - I like the idea of pitas we never do that for breakfast - usually the adults have pita samiches for lunch - we figure since the bread is gunna git smashed anyways why not buy it pre-smashed!

little cans of ham 1 per 2 lads are yummy

Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, 60 rounds powder and ball and be ready to march at a minute's warning.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk