Author Topic: Upcoming Auctions  (Read 71901 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
Re: Upcoming Auctions
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2013, 06:12:07 PM »
There were two Savage 99s.

The one pictured above went for $1,125.  The second one went for only $450.  Not as good of condition.

The Ruger M77 went for $700!!!! Glad I got mine for only $450.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2013, 07:21:17 AM »
I've been remiss in keeping updated on auctions.   I've gotten somewhat bored with them... that and I'm tapped out money wise for the summer.   Any extra funds are going towards ammo.

BUT

Here's Rock Island Auction's big quarterly auction.  Mostly single lots.  It's a 3 day auction with close to 3,000 firearms.  It starts today but you have plenty of time to jump in.

http://www.rockislandauction.com/search/1/aid/58

RIA's auction contain some remarkable firearms, many very historic in nature.    I can't begin to describe all the ones in this auction.  Just recommend that you peruse the catalog.   Included in this auction are a number of Class 3 firearms including a German MG-42 AND an M2 30 Carbine.

Of the top highest estimated price items the top 6 are revolvers!  These come from M Betrand Couch's collection.  "Couch often went by the name of Frisco Bert, which was given in relation to his hobbies. He was a lifelong collector of Western pop culture memorabilia, including one of the foremost collections of dime novels in the US at the time."

Most expensive.

I'm not big on engraving, but I do like this one.  There is simple, understated elegance about it.

Rare Bertrand Couch Collection of Service Revolvers -A) Glahn Factory Engraved and Gold Inlaid Pre-War Colt Single Action Army Revolver with Steer Head Ivory Grips Holster and Factory Letter once Belonging to M. Bertrand "Frisco Bert" Couch.  Can be yours for only about $225,000

http://www.rockislandauction.com/viewitem/aid/58/lid/1412

If you only have $100K to spend how about this:  Super Rare Original KAC Manufactured Stoner Model 63A Fully Automatic NFA Machine Gun with Spare Barrel Magazine Boxes and Parts.  ~$60K

http://www.rockislandauction.com/viewitem/aid/58/lid/564

LASTLY:

For you J.M Browning fans.  (and who isn't?):  Historic John M. Browning Prototype Model 1893 Carbine with Extensive Documentation. One-of-a-kind prototype lever action carbine made by firearms genius John M. Browning in his Ogden, Utah, shop c. 1893.  ~$60K

http://www.rockislandauction.com/viewitem/aid/58/lid/3030

Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2013, 01:38:26 PM »
For the curious:

The Bertran Couch engraved Colt SAA was a real disappointment.   It went for only $95,000.   Bet some of you wish you had of bid on it now, huh?

The Browning prototype 1893:  $70,000

ps don't forget the 18.5% auction fee on top of those bids.
Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2013, 08:21:25 PM »
[Just when you thought I'd forgotten about auctions or had finally gotten them out of my system.]

Got the big book from Rock Island Auction last week.    Their big regional auction is coming up at the end of the month.   For those unfamiliar, when RIA has a regional auction each lot is targeted to bring a minimum of $1,000.   Some lots aren't quite that high, and many of them are worth much more than that.  If they have some inexpensive items, they'll put multiple of them into one bidding lot.  So many times you'll see 2, 3 or even 10 guns in one lot.

Don't click on the picture but go here to see the entire auction catalog:  http://www.rockislandauction.com/search/aid/1021

Unfortunately, there aren't any celebrity guns like some in the past when they had Ian Fleming Ruger MKI.  But still there's a lot to see, and bid on this time around.   How about some Volcanics?   The gun that started a whole revolution in repeatable firearms.  This one a rare factory engraved estimated to bring $6-8K

Or how about a Henry rifle.  Most expensive item at auction in the $20K range.

If lever actions, and they have lots of them, don't float your boat how about a Singer 1911?  Only expected to bring around $12K

CANNONS?   CANNONS you say?  They got them.  Nothing really old or terribly historic, but still there are a few.

How about a 40 gauge, nine shot hand cannon?

OH SORRY.  You meant something like this cast iron 80 gauge cannon with 19" barrel.   Nineteen inches around!

Plenty of WWI and WWII stuff.  Including lots of Walthers like this pair of Nazi Proof P-38s.  Win this lot for $1,200 and that's only $600 each.

Have fun just looking and if you bid don't forget there's a 17.5% buyer fee, plus shipping, plus FFL.

(And yes there are a matched set of HS Crusaders.)

Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2013, 03:07:40 PM »
Since I've become satiated with auctions for a while I haven't updated you guys on the latest.   Never Fear.  Clyde Crashcup to the rescue.

Rock Island Auction is or has held an on-line only auction but the catalog wasn't that extensive.  However, and I'm sorry to be so late in telling everyone, Orange Coast Auctions is holding a super one tomorrow, Saturday, 8/2.  Here's the ProxiBid link to the catalog

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=68585

Single Actions out the wazoo, including a lot of Colts, Merwin and Hulberts and S&Ws.  Lot's of antique lever actions as well.

How about this M&H Second Model.  Bid today is only $4,400.

Top item will probably be this original 1st Model Henry Repeater,  high bid $10,250

Or maybe an UNFIRED Remington 1875 revolver!   Current bid at $9,000 right now

There are around 750 lots.   Many under $1,000.   And yes, there is a Crusader, which I'll make a token bid on.   It's a fun catalog to view.  Sort by Bid $ High to Low.

Oh and did I mention things like pre-War 1911s, a 1941 Johnson Semi-Auto, M1s, Colt Mk IVs 70s and 80s, and a bunch of P-08s and P-38s?

Will work for ammo

Sponsor

« Reply #95 on: Today at 04:38:13 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2013, 06:02:24 PM »

Recognize This?

It's just happens to have belonged to Robert LeRoy Parker.

Now for those challenged by western history, that's Butch Cassidy.

Up for auction in September.  Along with a lot of other guns from the 19th century.

Here's the auction catalog: 

http://www.rockislandauction.com/search/aid/59

And here's the full flyer on Butch's gun complete with a picture of the Fort Worth Five gang

http://rockislandauction.blogspot.com/2013/08/butch-cassidy-and-end-of-wild-west.html?utm_source=2013-08-09+Butch+Cassidy&utm_campaign=2013-08-09+Butch+Cass&utm_medium=email

Oh what the heck, here's the picture.

Famous photo of the "Fort Worth Five"  Left to right: Harry Longabaugh ("Sundance Kid"), William "News" Carver, Benjamin Kilpatrick ("The Tall Texan"), Harvey Logan ("Kid Curry"), and Robert LeRoy Parker ("Butch Cassidy").
Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2013, 08:22:18 AM »
(Just when you though I'd given up on auctions and it was safe to come out.)

Rock Island is having a premier auction coming up 12/6-12/8.  Most of it is way beyond me being in the 5 digit territory, but it will be an interesting one to watch and see what the various collectibles go for.  There are over 600 revolvers, most of them single action, authentic, original single actions.

First and by far the most valued thing is a pair of Colt Single actions with holster rig belonging to Ronald Reagan.  But be advised you'll proabably need 6 digits in your bank account.

a cased set of consecutively serialized Colt Third Generation Single Action Army Revolvers presented to President Ronald Reagan. These revolvers were presented to President Reagan by famed quick draw artist and Hollywood firearm technical advisor Arvo Ojala and come with a fantastic Arvo Ojala presentation holster rig.

A little rich for you blood?  Here's something below the $25k range.

a cased Colt Bisley Flattop Target revolver manufactured in 1910 chambered in the scarce 38-40 WCF cartridge, with a Colt factory letter. The letter validates the configuration of this revolver and lists it as one of three revolvers shipped on January 1910, to Simmons Hardware Company St Louis Mo. This revolver is accompanied by a Rare London Colt factory walnut storage/display case

How about a Colt 1874 Gatlin gun, with carriage?

OR

Colt Single Action Army revolver with carbine length octagon barrel ("Buntline Special") and detachable shoulder stock manufactured in 1876 with documentation.  ~$50k

Iron frame Henry Lever Action Rifle manufactured by the New Haven Arms Company June 1862.  ~$150k

U.S. Colt Model 1911 Automatic Pistol includes the Colt factory letter that indicates it was part of a lot of 200 Model 1911 pistols shipped to the Springfield Armory on March 2, 1912.  ~$50k

And topping the non-firearm category is President Kennedy's rocker, with documentation of course.  >$100k.  Interesting that the owners decided to sell it at a gun auction and not a general collectibles auction.

Will work for ammo

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
Re: Gun Range up for Auction
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2013, 09:25:18 AM »
How long has it been since I jumped on this thread?  This is sad  :-[

This store and range was only 45 miles from me.  This was his third try at a shop.  You know what they say about horses and divorces.

He operated two different times out of outbuildings on his rural yards before this venture.  First attempt he shut down when his wife demanded hundreds of thousands over the small business in a divorce settlement; the second time he was going bankrupt and convinced lenders that he could make a million if he moved into town and built a first rate facility, add a range, and expand his sales scope, and the third was this venture which shows he was a good salesman in front of the banker but wrong in his projections.

Also, the guy was a jerk!

I shoot winter league in a town the same distance the other side of me.  It is a small club range in the basement of a business in downtown.  Not as fancy, but actually nicer to use.  Besides, not being a typical business we have a $50 membership and $15 per league.  The Hunter's Den had both use fees and league membership that were unbelievably high, even when you realize he was a business with expenses.  Top it off with you would expect that for a membership and participating in leagues you could get some price breaks on ammo, targets, whatever, but no.  You even needed to purchase the targets for each evening after paying for the league price and the range time for the league.

Bottom line was that when he went under again nobody was shocked or really misses him.

Didn't catch this till last night.   Hope nobody gets left out on the bidding.  Auction at 7pm ET tonight.

Just one caveat:  The building isn't included, but still how often do you get to bid on a 12 bad range?

South Central Minnesota Indoor Shooting Range - Going Out Of Business

An indoor shooting range located at the Hunters Den
Produced by Meggitt Defense System, a leader in the military industry.  Caswell which is now owned by Meggitt was the manufacturer of the range.  Meggitt Defense System has 80 years of experience and has installed over 11,000 domestic and international shooting ranges.  Top quality and a proven reputation for performance makes this the most popular range design by far.

Features Include:
12 stall gun range.
25 yard total shooting length with an infinite choice of distance in between.
Benches.
Shooting rests.
Pockets for accessories.
Moveable safety shields.
Automatic target retrieval system with excellent speed and versatility.

The backstop is approximately 2 feet of ground up rubber tires (about 55,000 pounds) which will stop any handgun projectile, along with a number rifles bullets.  The range is equipped with 2 huge air exchanges.  We are currently running (4) 36" air ducts under high velocity to keep the air in the range clean and safe.  The air is filtered through 24 filters and the air running into the range is approximately 99.7% pure to the best of our knowledge.
This unit also features the baffle system which catches bullets and stops ricochets.
Special Notes:  Operation manuals are available for review upon request

Removal:  Buyer to remove by February 15, 2013.  Buyer is responsible for all rigging costs.  For a rigging and moving quote, please contact our preferred rigger (optional):  Randy at United Rigging, (515) 520-2458
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2014, 01:48:26 PM »
Ah, midwinter and I can smell the sawdust and the auctioneer's cigar.  Or at least I can imagine it.

http://www.rockislandauction.com/auction/aid/1022

Rock Island Auction's winter Regional Firearms Auction is coming up 2/21-23.  This will either serve to steer you away or suck you into it.   There's nothing noteworthy, celabratory-wise like the previous auctions.  Just a lot of:

Henry lever actions:  In fact the only items over $10k are the Henry's.

M1 Carbine:  There are a couple of IBM's and a Rockola.

Ah but wait, hidden in a group of three rifles is one by Irwin Pedersen.  Check out the middle one.
Surprise it's collectors value isn't higher.

There are a thousand plus revolvers.  Everything from pin fires, to percussion, to single actions, to modern day cartridge double actions.

Plenty of semi-auto pistols, too.

Also, this:  A Smith and Wesson Armorer's Kit with parts and tools.

As always.  Buyer beware.  Watch out for the auction fees.

And yes there is a cannon.  4-1/2" bore to give you some perspective.

Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Upcoming Auctions 9mm carbine
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2014, 04:30:47 PM »
Here's an interesting carbine in the upcoming Rock Island Auction.

9mm Collaspable stock.  Feather Industries.  Price seems about 3x higher than it should.  I'll bid $300 and see what happens.
http://www.rockislandauction.com/viewitem/aid/1022/lid/1654

Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk