Author Topic: Actor Leslie Niesen Passed Away  (Read 1328 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Actor Leslie Niesen Passed Away
« on: November 29, 2010, 06:03:18 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20101129/en_ac/7301210_leslie_nielsen_dies_of_pneumonia_complications_at84

Leslie Nielsen, Hollywood legend and comedic actor, has died at the age of 84. TMZ reports Nielsen died of complications from pneumonia in a hospital near his home in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on Nov. 28. He was surrounded by his wife and family.

Nielsen played several serious roles early in his career but is perhaps best known for his comedy starring in such films as "Airplane!" and "Naked Gun." His film career spanned more than 50 years when he starred in 1956's "Forbidden Planet."

RIP Mr. Nielsen, No One Will Ever Call You Shirley.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 892
Re: Actor Leslie Niesen Passed Away
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 06:49:30 PM »
Shirley you jest  ;)

It took an actor of his quality to make stupid movies with stupid jokes fun to watch.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 06:52:09 PM »
What many don't know is he was a multi talented actor. Before he won fame as a comedy actor in the "Airplane" movies and "Police Squad" he played a very accomplished bad a$$ character actor in a lot of cop shows like S.W.A.T. and many others. The guy was one of the best. He will be missed. Bill T.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1061
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 07:41:47 PM »
Shirley will be missed.

Great actor.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Badgersmilk

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 10:11:31 PM »
"Johnny.  Have you ever seen a grown man naked?" 

HELLARIOUS moment in movie history!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:23:43 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk