Author Topic: Pocket Carrying a J Frame in a Business Suit  (Read 11520 times)

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pocket Carrying a J Frame in a Business Suit
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 11:49:07 AM »
Someone on the S&W forum posted a link to this holster.......it says for rear pocket carry of J frames and the like, but ...

http://www.pocketholsters.com/S_W_Taurus_Rossi__Pockert_Wall/s_w_taurus_rossi__pockert_wall.html

I would think you would need to play around with holster to get good at drawing the gun (due to the flap) from a front pocket. I would only buy it if it came with a solid return policy.
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

someguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 01:07:17 PM »
Marshallette - There's always the SmartCarry, which I must admit I have not tried myself, but which seems to be a viable alternative when there's just no way to hide a holster.  Just a thought.

Ronald38

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 01:53:45 PM »
Hello - I have used a "Don Hume" leather pocket holster for a j-frame for a long time.  It works for me (khaki or suit pants) very well.  Other suggestions would be "Kramer's" undershirt with built-in gun pocket at shoulder-holster level. or the elastic waistband with built-in gun pocket type.  However, the best and quickest way to conceal a gun is with an inside-waistband clip holster (many, many different makers) in the slightly ahead of hip-bone (appendix) strong side, covered with a shrt or coat.  Experiment:    These work well for gentlemen or lovely ladies.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 02:07:57 PM »
I'm kinda "Big Boned" and I think the back pocket holster would be a pain in the butt to sit on/with whatever in any kind of pants.
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Cancerman

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 03:35:51 PM »
Marshellette, my solution is to carry my j frame in a Maxpedition fatboy s. It has worked out well when I can't use a holster, no one thinks anything of it other than it is my "purse".

Willie

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:22:22 PM »

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 10:02:39 AM »
Can anyone lend some guidance on which of the Pocket Concealment System (PCS) pocket holsters might work best in a business suit front pants pocket?  They have a number of different models to select from but would appreciate hearing from anyone who has tried these holsters.  Here's the link to the various pocket holsters they manufacturer.....

http://pcsholsters.com/pocket_holsters.html
Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk