Author Topic: Maybe I'm Crazy!  (Read 6755 times)

Lucas

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Maybe I'm Crazy!
« on: February 25, 2008, 10:43:35 PM »
Like I said maybe I'm crazy but, here is my idea.  We all know about the school shootings and that the gun rights activists are having a hayday with them.  You have to go throught at least four years of college to be a teacher, so why not have them take a 4 week firearms coarse and get them a consealed weapons permit.  I know no firearms allowed in schools,  WELL OBVIOUSLY NOT EVERYONE FOLLOWS THE RULES.  So why do we just assume that the way to solve the problem is to take guns away instead of putting them into the hands of a trained individual.  We trust our childrens lives with these people but give them very little training on what to do in an emergeny.  I'm not saying my plan is perfect but I hope it provokes a different way to look at the issue.
By the ring of our swords, and the flash of our cannons, they will know that We Are Free

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Maybe I'm Crazy!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 11:03:24 PM »
Yes, you are crazy :).

No, four years or college is not required to teach.  But it is a fact that those with the lowest SAT scores become teachers or "media" majors.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 894
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 11:44:37 PM »
Yup ... those that can't teach ... ummmmm ... I teach firearm safety ... guess that explains my competition scores.

But at least I can say that all of my guns combined have killed fewer people than Sen. Ted's car!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 03:52:49 AM »
Like I said maybe I'm crazy but, here is my idea.  We all know about the school shootings and that the gun rights activists are having a hayday with them.  You have to go throught at least four years of college to be a teacher, so why not have them take a 4 week firearms coarse and get them a consealed weapons permit.  I know no firearms allowed in schools,  WELL OBVIOUSLY NOT EVERYONE FOLLOWS THE RULES.  So why do we just assume that the way to solve the problem is to take guns away instead of putting them into the hands of a trained individual.  We trust our childrens lives with these people but give them very little training on what to do in an emergeny.  I'm not saying my plan is perfect but I hope it provokes a different way to look at the issue.

Lucas, Thats not crazy, Thats what they do in Israel, ever since the Malat (sp?) school massacre by PLO terrorists in the late 60's or early 70's. guess what, no more attacks on schools in Israel. The same thinking is why El-Al is the safest airline in the world.

Yup ... those that can't teach ... ummmmm ... I teach firearm safety ... guess that explains my competition scores.

But at least I can say that all of my guns combined have killed fewer people than Sen. Ted's car!

Like Thomas E. Dewey said "I've never killed anyone, but I've read several obituaries with approval."

Outlaw

• U.S.A.F. Retired/CCW
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 11:10:05 AM »
The big task here is to find a teacher willing to actually shoot a perp that may very well be one of their own students. Good luck finding that person. What are the odds of one being among the teacher ranks at a school. Few and far between. The Government should turn enough money loose to allow them to hire decent security for schools.
Strategic Air Command Motto: Peace is Our Profession, Believe it or We'll Bomb the Hell Outta Ya!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:27:56 PM »

Lucas

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 12:00:22 PM »
Amen!  I'm not saying that we need people standing around with assault rifles but what has happened in schools is the same thing that is going to happen to this country if no one is allowed to carry a gun.  Why are schools such and easy target?  Because everyone knows that there are no firearms there.  Why has nobody has ever tried to rob my Grandfather?  Because everyone knows that he will f'in shoot you!
By the ring of our swords, and the flash of our cannons, they will know that We Are Free

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 12:57:53 PM »
The big task here is to find a teacher willing to actually shoot a perp that may very well be one of their own students. Good luck finding that person. What are the odds of one being among the teacher ranks at a school. Few and far between. The Government should turn enough money loose to allow them to hire decent security for schools.

Actually it might surprise you what teachers, especially women might do WITH PROPER TRAINING to protect "their kids". While I'm no fan of the liberal teaching community, I am respectful of the "mother hen" syndrome. Ask the meekest woman you know what she would do if someone tried to harm a child in her care and I suspect the answer may surprise you.

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 01:08:19 PM »
Yep.. any woman that has a shed of maternal instincts will act in a matter of seconds.
I can only speak for myself here.. but you can say or do anything in the world to me, and I may or may not react.. but do anything remotely negative to my kids and I will turn on you like a she bitch bear.
So I think that women teachers ( if they had the training with firearms) especially would feel better and more in control of "protecting" the nest.
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

Gunnutz13

• Forum Member
  • DoD: Peace thru Superior Firepower
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 02:09:02 PM »
Case in point...I'm dead asleep...I feel the waterbed move, and that wakes me up just enuff...I look to the foot of the bed...I see the wife with our HD weapon in her hand...NOW, I'M AWAKE !!!

I whisper...What's goin' on ?!...

She sez..." I heard somethin' "...

I Say..."So, you don't wake me ?!!!"

She sez..."I didn't want to bother ya...!!!"

I LUV that woman....!!!!!!   ;D

Nuff Said...
Gunnutz13
<----------------------------------------------------->

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
                  -- Thomas Jefferson

Outlaw

• U.S.A.F. Retired/CCW
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 02:48:04 PM »
She Bitch Bear? Woah, now there's a vision I really needed ;D You go girl....
Strategic Air Command Motto: Peace is Our Profession, Believe it or We'll Bomb the Hell Outta Ya!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk