Author Topic: Dick Winters died 1/2/11  (Read 4551 times)

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
Dick Winters died 1/2/11
« on: January 10, 2011, 10:08:44 AM »
Major and leader of Easy Company, the Band of Brothers. From all indications, one of the truly great of the Greatest Generation.

God Bless and God Speed, Dick. You set the bar high for the rest of us.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/10/band-brothers-inspiration-dies-age/?test=faces
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dick Winters died 1/2/11
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 10:33:58 AM »
Major and leader of Easy Company, the Band of Brothers. From all indications, one of the truly great of the Greatest Generation.

God Bless and God Speed, Dick. You set the bar high for the rest of us.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/10/band-brothers-inspiration-dies-age/?test=faces
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 11:23:55 AM »
Amen...one of our greatest warrior-citizens.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 12:24:38 PM »
+10

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 05:25:07 PM »
from article:
Winters talked about his view of leadership for an August 2004 article in American History Magazine:

"If you can," he wrote, "find that peace within yourself, that peace and quiet and confidence that you can pass on to others, so that they know that you are honest and you are fair and will help them, no matter what, when the chips are down."

When people asked whether he was a hero, he echoed the words of his World War II buddy, Mike Ranney: "No, but I served in a company of heroes."

"He was a good man, a very good man," Guarnere said. "I would follow him to hell and back. So would the men from E Company."

A very good man indeed.

Rest In Peace
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:24:36 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk