Author Topic: Help reply to a CNN anti-magazine poll  (Read 1636 times)

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Help reply to a CNN anti-magazine poll
« on: January 17, 2011, 04:44:29 PM »
CNN has a new poll result out stating that: "According to the survey, several restrictions, however, are widely accepted. More than nine in ten Americans favor background checks to determine whether a prospective buyer has been convicted of a felony. Six in ten favor a ban on semi-automatic assault guns, and on the kind of extended ammunition clips which Jared Loughner allegedly used in Arizona. Fifty-five percent questioned say they also favor limiting gun purchases to one per month."

Now they only polled 1,014 people and I have my doubts on if it was random or not, so I am asking anyone here to please post a reply in their "Sound off" section so people can see the real results of this poll.

Please be courtios.  Remember, we are trying to sway the readers of this poll and not CNN.

Here's the link

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/17/cnn-poll-no-change-on-gun-law-opinions-after-arizona-shootings/#comment-3639780

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Help reply to a CNN anti-magazine poll
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 04:53:15 PM »
CNN has a new poll result out stating that: "According to the survey, several restrictions, however, are widely accepted. More than nine in ten Americans favor background checks to determine whether a prospective buyer has been convicted of a felony. Six in ten favor a ban on semi-automatic assault guns, and on the kind of extended ammunition clips which Jared Loughner allegedly used in Arizona. Fifty-five percent questioned say they also favor limiting gun purchases to one per month."

Now they only polled 1,014 people and I have my doubts on if it was random or not, so I am asking anyone here to please post a reply in their "Sound off" section so people can see the real results of this poll.

Please be courtios.  Remember, we are trying to sway the readers of this poll and not CNN.

Here's the link

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/17/cnn-poll-no-change-on-gun-law-opinions-after-arizona-shootings/#comment-3639780

That means 4 are gun people ???
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 05:02:56 PM »
That means 4 are gun people ???

The second guy has been sipping the Brady kool-aid
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

Timothy

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 05:09:46 PM »
Done...I think..

bjtraz

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 05:42:36 PM »
My response:

Responses, like the one above (?) is expected from the uninformed. Using their very own theory, The 1st amendment must also be revoked. Our fore fathers had no idea how dangerous free speech could be. They had no idea of the internet/TV/Radio "in mind or even in production when the Constitution was signed". Should all technology be reverted to 1776? Independent study after independent study has documented that gun restrictions do not reduce violence or crime. All gun restrictions do is subjugate law abiding citizens. Hitler, Stalin and Mao all knew this.

Brian
NRA & NAHC Life Member, American Legion

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:56:00 PM »

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 05:49:43 PM »
Here's mine:

It is important to not under emphasize the tragedy that happened January 8th., and it is also important to realise that a restriction on common, standard capacity magazines is a bad idea.

First you are restricting the ability of the law abiding person to defend themselves when faced against a group of criminals or one criminal who already has these magazine. (Take for example the person in New York City who had 24 people harrasing him at the front of his house. Even if they were limited to just ten rounds in their magazine, that's 240 shots against his 30 at best.)

Second, these common capacity magazine have been out for many years and will still be out there if they do limit future ammunition magazines. All they will do is create the environment for the rapid buying of nonrestriced magazines until the change over happens and a large market for these magazines ,either legally of illegally, after it happens.

Instead of focusing on what was used to kill and wound these great people, let's figure out how to stop these people from killing in the first place. Take away the reason and the how will fall away by itself.

I wanted to put the focus back on the person, where it belongs, and not the gun.  That's why I have that last paragraph.

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 05:52:51 PM »
My post

With rising gun ownership, and a continuing drop in violent crime, according to the FBI statistics, the only people who advocate "gun control" are either ignorant, or they have a political agenda to push.
Gun control is not about guns, or safety, nor is it "for the children". It is about control of the populace, it is about some self serving politician getting their name in the paper.
Why would some one be so foolish as to think people who disregard laws against murder, rape, and robbery are suddenly going to obey laws against guns ?

Timothy

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 06:07:56 PM »
I don't think my "took"....it hasn't updated since Ulmus posted.

you broke it Gene...

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 06:10:01 PM »
It says mine is "awaiting moderation".
They ain't gonna get that from me !  ;D

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 05:29:34 AM »
LOL!  Looks like I did break it.  I guess they didn't like having the average person going against their poll.  ;D

They did the same in responce to the poll itself.  Only three replies were allowed berfore they closed it and all were pro-gun/anti-restriction.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk