Author Topic: BCM AR-15 Bolt Carrier Group  (Read 21132 times)

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: BCM AR-15 Bolt Carrier Group
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 04:02:46 PM »
Another vote on 2-3 days for BCM orders. You are perfectly legal with a full-auto carrier as long as you don't use any other full-auto parts. There was a lot of talk a couple years ago about regulating them but it didn't go anywhere. Anvil Arms was making a real nice carrier that was somewhere between the enhanced semi and the full auto. Basically it was as long as you could make one that didn't engage a full auto sear (if one was installed). They were really nice and took away any chance of being accused of having an evil full auto part in your rifle. Unfortunately Anvil went out of business and the carrier went with them.
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 08:02:32 PM »
I'm thinking it will arrive tomorrow.   Bill T.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 06:13:59 PM »
Both it and the charging handle came Friday. I have to say they sure do build a nice Bolt Carrier Group. The charging handle was also beautifully finished. Both slipped into my Bushmaster Modular Carbine with ease. I've got some more stuff coming any minute. I ordered a 62" Drag Bag from Able Ammo, and a Tru-Glo 6-24 X 44 MM scope from Natchez for my Model 60 Marlin .22. I'll try and post some pics when I get everything put together.   Bill T.

http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=15455.msg198762#new

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 06:17:53 PM »
I have a great Truglo on my Ruger 10-22, the damn thing holds zero everytime.  I love when parts just "fit" like a glove.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 06:24:47 PM »
I have a great Truglo on my Ruger 10-22, the damn thing holds zero everytime.  I love when parts just "fit" like a glove.

That's good to know. I got a POS Weaver "V-22" from the 70's on it now, and it's going into the trash as soon as I get the Tru-Glo. I also have these bases coming from Brownell's.   Bill T.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=18690/sku=122-000-011/Product/3_8__DOVETAIL_TO_WEAVER_ADAPTER

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 05:50:23 AM »

breezzer99

• Active Forum Member
  • trust your finger it says I twitch you die
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 07:44:11 AM »
Now I gotta find some type of sight system for my AK (my lady bought for my bday) since I dont know that much about those style of guns. I know Im getting strike force kit for stock and grip.

bsmith_shoot

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011, 07:06:51 PM »
Great choices! I run BCM bcg's in all my ar's(7). They are all perfect shooters. I love the gunfighter CH's too, but I run mod4's(medium).

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2011, 08:23:52 PM »
Now I gotta find some type of sight system for my AK (my lady bought for my bday) since I dont know that much about those style of guns. I know Im getting strike force kit for stock and grip.

Get the stock, get the grip, but as far as a "sight system".,....,.,.,....,.,well, you asked for it,....It's an AK... dig up some Serbian ammo from the 70's and it works...Clean it with boot laces and motor oil,...it still works,....

Alright, we love our guns and care for them,....but it's an AK.... ;)

;D

BTW BCM is great stuff.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 04:20:20 AM »
Get the stock, get the grip, but as far as a "sight system".,....,.,.,....,.,well, you asked for it,....It's an AK... dig up some Serbian ammo from the 70's and it works...Clean it with boot laces and motor oil,...it still works,....

Alright, we love our guns and care for them,....but it's an AK.... BTW BCM is great stuff.

All of my AK's are stock with standard sights. For that matter so are my AR-15's. I'm finding, even with my crappy 58 year old eyes, standard iron sights on military guns are quite accurate. It's amazing how you can hit with them if you take the time to use them properly. I once scoped a Ruger Super Redhawk .44 Magnum thinking I was going to set the world on fire with my super scope set up. Nothing could have been further from the truth. The thing felt like a brick in my hand and looked as out of place as a spoiler on a stagecoach. I took off the scope and my groups immediately closed up. Yes, it's much different with a long range, bolt action rifle. There a scope is a requirement, not a luxury. But for handguns and battle rifles iron sights are hard to beat. Not to mention far more rugged.  Bill T.

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 12:55:34 PM »
All of my AK's are stock with standard sights. For that matter so are my AR-15's. I'm finding, even with my crappy 58 year old eyes, standard iron sights on military guns are quite accurate. It's amazing how you can hit with them if you take the time to use them properly. I once scoped a Ruger Super Redhawk .44 Magnum thinking I was going to set the world on fire with my super scope set up. Nothing could have been further from the truth. The thing felt like a brick in my hand and looked as out of place as a spoiler on a stagecoach. I took off the scope and my groups immediately closed up. Yes, it's much different with a long range, bolt action rifle. There a scope is a requirement, not a luxury. But for handguns and battle rifles iron sights are hard to beat. Not to mention far more rugged.  Bill T.
Couldn't agree more billt, when I was a teenager I thought all rifles needed a scope. Thinking back now I think my highschool friends and I looked ridiculous in the woods of Central Florida with a Marlin 336 or Winchester 94 with a 4-10X50 scope on top. I later realized that in Florida you will rarely if ever need a scope over 3X. Even my "long range" .308 bolt gun wears a 1.5-6. My lever guns are all iron sights only now as well. I only own one scope with high magnification, a 7mm Rem Mag with a 4-12X50 that I've used for a couple hunting trips out west. I've learned my eyes are good enough and most of my shots are within 100 yards so open sights are much easier and lighter to haul around. I do like 0 magnification reflex optics on my AR's and also own a Leupold CQT 1-3 on one AR. My 6.5 grendel will wear a 1-4 GRSC when it's finished but I really like the less is more for optics.
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk