Author Topic: StG-2000-C  (Read 6726 times)

Combustion

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
StG-2000-C
« on: March 03, 2008, 11:37:40 PM »
Anyone have/ handled one? for some reason I think they look pretty sweet ;D

tombogan03884

Re: StG-2000-C
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 12:40:42 AM »
I handled one at a gun store,longer stock, seems like a decent rifle, Doesn't look as much like your standard AK. They wanted $450, new

warhawke

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 01:14:21 AM »
The 2000c is a Romanian AK with furniture copied from the East German Wieger STG-940. I like it myself due to the gas-block mounted front sight and the pistol grip fits my hand better, it has a flash suppressor, and  I understand the handguard is better at keeping cool. The problem is that some of the parts do not interchange with standard AK's, especially the gas tube, not a major issue unless something gets sideways on you. Overall I think its a decent deal given what you would spend on the front sight and flash suppressor, I would like to wring one out as some people on the sites I go to have complained about the quality of the plastic.
"Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem"
(The one hope of the doomed is not to hope for safety)
Virgil

Combustion

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 03:57:02 PM »
Thanks for the Info guys.
I have heard to stay away from Romy Ak's, is there any reason to this?

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 08:39:08 PM »
Thanks for the Info guys.
I have heard to stay away from Romy Ak's, is there any reason to this?

The Romanian AKs are called WASR-10s. I have one and like it, no problems. I bought it at a gun show, took it home, was getting ready to go shoot it and decided to tear it down to check it over first. Absolutely filthy inside, and I am absolutely confident it would have shot anyhow. I cleaned it anyhow. I also could not put it back together, but I am not going into that right now - a seriously bad senior moment.

I did take it late day shooting and it leaves a pile of Wolf cases in no time at all, and a really cool muzzle flash in the dark.

As a note, AKs are made to be used - and abused - by peasants who have never seen a machine of any kind before. It worked, it is an awesomely silly stamped metal rifle that just runs forever with any amount of crud in, on, or around it. I only have a couple 100 rounds through the WASR, but it runs. Other results may vary.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:56:54 PM »

Combustion

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 10:58:35 PM »
Ah poop.... I just did a quick search on google and found out that this rifle is being made by Hesse Arms. I also found that these rifles are not Stamped but welded.
I still think these things look kinda cool but I'm just not seeing it in my near future.

warhawke

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 11:33:45 PM »
Ah poop.... I just did a quick search on google and found out that this rifle is being made by Hesse Arms. I also found that these rifles are not Stamped but welded.
I still think these things look kinda cool but I'm just not seeing it in my near future.

The STOCKS are made by Hesse, not the guns (so I understand). All stamped AK's are welded so I don't get that part. As for the Romanian AK's, these got a bad rep from the grinder-monkeys at CIA jacking them up, they are fine weapons when assembled correctly.

Yes there are better AK's out there but I would not have an issue with the STG.
"Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem"
(The one hope of the doomed is not to hope for safety)
Virgil

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk