Author Topic: M-9 Bayonet From Bud-K Knives  (Read 14279 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
M-9 Bayonet From Bud-K Knives
« on: March 08, 2011, 01:48:46 AM »

http://budk.com/Knives/M9-Bayonet-Military-Knife?

This is a M-9 Bayonet I purchased from Bud-K Knives a while back. I didn't have one and thought it would be a good purchase without breaking the bank. Some of the higher quality M-9 Models sell for well over $100.00. I wasn't looking for anything that elaborate and found this model for $50.00. It exhibits very high quality for the price.

The photo shows it on my Bushmaster Modular Carbine. Naturally it doesn't fit quite right because it has a 16" barrel and the M-9 is designed to fit on the 14" barreled M-4 correctly, so the hilt slips over the flash suppressor. But it stays on nice once it's attached. For anyone looking for a nice bayonet for your AR-15 and don't want to spend a ton, check out this model from Bud-K. It's a nice knife for the money.  Bill T.

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: M-9 Bayonet From Bud-K Knives
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 04:48:48 PM »
Still pretty cool Bill. I remember when they first came out they were pretty expensive. I do like some of the knives Bud K offers and have picked a few of them up. Nice Bushmaster too.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 04:53:59 PM »
Is it just me or does the idea of putting a bayonet on a plastic, collapsible stock carbine seem about as silly as the pistol bayonet? I mean honestly, If I run out of ammo for my Mforgery I'd sure as hell rather have a baseball bat than try to mount a bayonet on it. Just sayin'. ;)
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 05:30:31 PM »
One of FQ's occasional bits of sense.  ;D

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 03:18:05 AM »
Is it just me or does the idea of putting a bayonet on a plastic, collapsible stock carbine seem about as silly as the pistol bayonet?

To me a battle rifle, any battle rifle, is incomplete without a bayonet. A bit like a woman in a skirt without nylons.   Bill T.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:59:16 PM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 10:51:17 AM »
To me a battle rifle, any battle rifle, is incomplete without a bayonet. A bit like a woman in a skirt without nylons.   Bill T.
Depending on both the woman, and in this the rifle, they both look better without them. ;D
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 11:51:57 AM »
Kind of defeats the purpose of the collapsing stock doesn't it ?
If it were actually on a "battle rifle" we might not be making fun of it.
But then again......

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 03:35:33 AM »

Personally, the bayonet makes more sense to me on these rifles than the "collapsible" stocks do. Even with them all the way out the length of pull is for a midget. I can understand this on an AK-47 because they, (Asians) are very small framed people. But Americans? Perhaps they were thinking of going back to the draft, (out of grammar school), when they designed it.   Bill T.

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 10:28:14 AM »
Actually they were designed for guys wearing 70+ pounds of body armor and other assorted sh!t, not "range shooters".  ::)

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 08:35:11 PM »
If it were actually on a "battle rifle" we might not be making fun of it.
But then again......

It's still kinda nice to have though. Sometimes!
I was at a gun show yesterday. One of the tables had reproduction bayonnets for sale. Billt's M9 was there, but for more than Bud K is selling it for. Still one of the longer Garand bayonnets caught my eye. I have one of the GI cut down bayos that the army issued (6 in. from a 10 in.), but I've always wanted one of the 10 inch bayonnets. The originals are WAY more money than I want to spend, but a new repro, would be nice. They looked well made and I could just picture it on my M1. Then, on closer inspection, I noticed the "CHINA" stamp just at the base of the blade. I decided THAT wouldn't look good attached to my Korean War vet M1.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk