Author Topic: abba covers  (Read 4901 times)

pasotom

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
abba covers
« on: March 23, 2011, 01:50:19 AM »
Hey Mike ;
You missed my favorite Abba covers by the Vitaman String Quartet . Fun stuff !!

wtr100

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: abba covers
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 10:11:05 AM »
I thought this was the dancing queen 

wait it's the BANKING queen - my bad
Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, 60 rounds powder and ball and be ready to march at a minute's warning.

Jkwas

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Jkwas
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »
I'm a big ABBA fan and so is my wife.  I really enjoyed the cover bands on the podcast.  Thanks!  ;)

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 07:37:15 AM »
I'm a big ABBA fan and so is my wife.  I really enjoyed the cover bands on the podcast.  Thanks!  ;)

Seriously? IMNSHO they were crap, I could not believe what I was hearing. Especially that last one, by Wang or Weng or whatever the f..k her name was. Next time, just play a lullaby by Yoko Ono and be done with it!  ::)  :P  :-X  :-\

;)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Jkwas

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Jkwas
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 08:00:19 PM »
Oh come on!   Lighten up Francis.    I spent the next few days learning "Dancing Queen" on my Acoustic Guitair after hearing that great rendition on the podcast.  Good music is good music no matter what the Genre.  I'll listen to Abba and go right to Skynyrd!
 I agree on the last one though.  I can't stand anything Yoko Ono sings, I'm sure she's still looking for her hand in the snow.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:25:23 AM »

Indrid Cold

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 12:44:52 AM »

karlrehn

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 05:00:41 PM »
The intro/outro music is usually something I look forward to.. but ABBA covers? 
Neither the power of nostalgia nor the power of irony is strong enough to overcome the total musical suck that is ABBA.  It's a darn shame there weren't enough plane crashes and overdoses to go around in the 70s.

Epic fail, as the kids say.  Epic fail.

The petition to remove ABBA from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is here
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=364331487155
They are neither "rock" nor "roll".  Rock and roll may be devil music - their music is "hellish". There's a difference.

ratcatcher55

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 05:11:58 PM »
The intro/outro music is usually something I look forward to.. but ABBA covers? 
Neither the power of nostalgia nor the power of irony is strong enough to overcome the total musical suck that is ABBA.  It's a darn shame there weren't enough plane crashes and overdoses to go around in the 70s.

Epic fail, as the kids say.  Epic fail.

The petition to remove ABBA from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is here
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=364331487155
They are neither "rock" nor "roll".  Rock and roll may be devil music - their music is "hellish". There's a difference.

Both myself and Vladamir Putin like ABBA.  You don't get a more diverse fan group than that.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk