Author Topic: Kansas Legislature Approves Silencer Hunting Bill  (Read 12428 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
Re: Kansas Legislature Approves Silencer Hunting Bill
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 08:23:14 AM »
This is one of those areas that needs to be addressed at the national level.  Removal of restrictive federal legislation would eliminate for the patchwork of state laws.

I am all for states that take these actions, but they are nearly meaningless until the feds eliminate their restrictions and taxes.  I believe it was Mr. Bogan that listed his common sense gun legislation for Pres. BHO a week or two ago.  Lets go there first!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 08:47:17 AM »
My objections to silencers is the silly paperwork, and the price. These things are so damn overpriced it's pathetic. A shop by me has a Surefire for a .308 for 2 GRAND! $2,000.00 for what amounts to a tin can muffler. I would like one, but at that price I'll pass. Even lesser cost ones run well into the hundreds.  Bill T.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 08:59:31 AM »
Will you will still have to go through all of the Federal BS to buy one?  Bill T.

Yep
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 09:35:57 AM »
This is HUGE progress.

Only a couple years ago they were illegal in KS for any purpose.  Also illegal to be a class 3 dealer. 

We do not have sharks, be we do have gar and catfish big enough to swallow small children. 

Trapping is limited to .22 LR, and I expect that restriction is still there. 
"Why are you carrying a pistol?  Expecting trouble?"

"No Maam.  If I was expecting trouble, I'd have a rifle."

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 11:50:23 AM »
billt,

The price is only a small part manufacturing.  It is driven by lack of market - Meaning that R&D and tools and fixtures aren't spread out over enough units.  However, the larger issue is the taxation on the manufacturer and other financial issues put on the business when they go into suppressor manufacture.

My gunsmith builds these even though even he can't own one in Minnesota.  He can't even build one until it is sold, and legally he cannot test it without crossing the boarder into South Dakota.

I stand by my earlier post that we need to eliminate these infringements the government has put on us!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:42:52 AM »

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 12:40:31 PM »
my understand the only reason suppressors were made restrictive in the 1st place was fear of poaching.

While poaching may have been a huge problem in 1934, I don't think it was the driving wheel for the NFA.
The feds probably could't have cared less.

Unless of course, someone made a "Reefer Madness" type movie about suppressors that showed cogress how wild & crazy people got when they touched one.  ::)

You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 12:42:34 PM »
Remove the $200 direct tax to the buyer and hidden redtape tax/overhead to the producer and you will have $99 suppressors within a year.  
"Why are you carrying a pistol?  Expecting trouble?"

"No Maam.  If I was expecting trouble, I'd have a rifle."

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 12:59:12 PM »
Why do I keep doing this? Well, one theory is that Tom is paying me to claim Tab isn't an American citizen so he can be deported. ;D Sorry, brain fart on my part.
FQ13

Don't blame me for your twisted psychology. You were like that before you turned up here.   ;D

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 11:26:22 PM »
so...... 

how long before MH  get's one for M'ett's  mouth to silence her....   :D
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 11:49:42 PM »
so...... 

how long before MH  get's one for M'ett's  mouth to silence her....   :D

Do the words "Duck and Cover" mean anything to you mate?

How about "In Coming!!!"

I'm getting out of here before I get little pieces of philw all over me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk