Author Topic: Cops  (Read 1635 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 895
Cops
« on: April 07, 2011, 06:35:38 PM »
I give LE a lot of grief when it comes to gun handling, but I had a pleasant surprise today.  I was on my way home and saw cars at the club, so I stopped to see what was up.  Three officers were there shooting while the newbie was qualifying.

After some BSing and other crap I got the chance to shoot a few Glocks, and I was pleasantly surprised with the fullsize.  Compact sucks, but no worse than any other compact I've shot.  These guys were pretty good with gun skills and reasonably safe.  A major change from most of my experiences.

As the time slipped by I took out my LCP and got a few chuckles and comments.  I told them to shoot it.  Most fun was watching all three deal with the long heavy trigger.  I saw a couple flinches like I've never seen before, and to say on target to first shot fired was fifteen seconds would be generous.  However, once they got past the first shot or two they had no problems, and every one of them shot three or four shot 2" groups from ten yards.  I was damn impressed.

They still couldn't understand why I would rely on a little LCP until I did a demonstration:  I stood three feet from the middle of four qualification targets; I drew the LCP like I was going to hand over a wallet and one fisted from the waist put 2, 2, 2 & 1 center mass; I dropped the LCP in the mud puddle I was standing in as I continued to back peddle; drew my 1911 that no one knew I had; and I put two more in each target.  Fifteen year officer that was there with the newbie and a one year officer turned to them and said "we need more practice!"

I try to practice regularly, but I have not done a drill like this in over six months.  It felt good, and I was surprised how quick it came back.  Now I ready for more outside practice time ... And I have an evening of cleaning mud out of an LCP  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
Re: Cops
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 07:04:52 PM »
Take it on over to the Red, the water flow will rinse it out in about 2 seconds.   ;D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk