Author Topic: Gun Stories  (Read 22662 times)

Kamran

• Forum Member
    • Latest celebrity Biography
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Gun Stories
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2011, 01:37:02 AM »
I will get it set up. Great show and keep up the good work.

RFBIII

• NRA Benefactor Member, NRA Certified Instructor
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Gun Stories
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 04:09:12 PM »
Am starting to think about Season 2 guns...thoughts, guys?

Michael B

Michael,

I suggest that you get around to doing the M1903 rifle, the M1917 rifle, the M1 rifle, and the M14 rifle.  The venerable .30-'06 cartridge is a common thread for the first three, of course.

A show on the M1917 rifle would be especially good since it is the Rodney Dangerfield of 20th century US military rifles.  It is estimated that three out of four doughboys carried the M1917 in WWI since there were not enough '03's in inventory, and Springfield and Rock Island could not produce enough fast enough to make up the shortfall.

Glenn Beck would not be surprised that Woodrow Wilson's "Progressive" administration was not prepared for war!

The president of Remington is generally credited with proposing an adaptation of the P14 Enfield (made under contract to the British government) in .30-'06, and the rest is history!  Remington's post WWI commercial bolt action rifles were, in turn, adaptations of the M1917.

As you might guess, I own an M1903, M1917, and an M1.  No M14 in Kalifornia!

RFBIII

P. S.  Many thanks to Michael for taking time to talk to me at last year's NRA convention in Charlotte.  It was a pleasure to meet a genuine person!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk