Author Topic: $820,000 Custom Rifle/shotgun  (Read 4858 times)

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
$820,000 Custom Rifle/shotgun
« on: April 14, 2011, 08:26:35 AM »
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: $820,000 Custom Rifle/shotgun
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 10:20:03 AM »
At that price it better come with hot and cold running hookers, a lifetime supply of beer, and a matched pair of "beer girls" who will instanstly place a cold one in my hand (no matter where I am) when I say "beer, girl'. ;D
FQ13 ::)

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 10:33:06 AM »
That looks just like the matched pair I've got in the back of my gun safe...  or in the backseat of my Jeep.  Gee, I hope they're still there. ::)
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1088
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 11:57:33 AM »
I'll take two.  ;)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 12:34:52 PM »
The etching is gorgeous, but I absolutely LOVE that bolt handle.
A true masterpiece in wood and steel.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:46:11 PM »

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 01:48:25 PM »
I wonder if it shoots as nice as a $134 H&R Topper?

Probably not, the H&R has a recoil pad.  :P

Gorgeous work on the gun.
At that price no wonder they list Kings and Sheikhs as "fans". They are the only customers!

You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 04:21:01 PM »
Gorgeous work on the gun.
At that price no wonder they list Kings and Sheikhs as "fans". They are the only customers!

You forgot nouveue riche jackasses with more money than sense, and a need to compensate for a "Freudian" issue. ;D
FQ13 who thinks that my deer shot with a $400 ruger will be just as dead. ;)

Timothy

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 04:34:51 PM »
Some years back, someone sent me a link to some of Eric Clapton's fine English shotguns that went on the auction block.  They were some of the most beautiful guns I've ever seen in print or in person.  Some had never been fired by Eric or anyone else for that matter.

Never followed up on the sale but surely they were sold at ultra high pricing....

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 05:58:48 PM »
Some years back, someone sent me a link to some of Eric Clapton's fine English shotguns that went on the auction block.  They were some of the most beautiful guns I've ever seen in print or in person.  Some had never been fired by Eric or anyone else for that matter.

Never followed up on the sale but surely they were sold at ultra high pricing....

If I remember correctly they  wound up selling at about market value No really high (Relatively ) Prices because he isn't dead yet.
If he were dead like TR or Hemingway then the "Clapton's" gun's would be worth more since there would only be X number and never any more, but since he is still alive there is no telling how many more he may buy and sell over the coming years.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 09:18:05 PM »
If I remember correctly they  wound up selling at about market value No really high (Relatively ) Prices because he isn't dead yet.
If he were dead like TR or Hemingway then the "Clapton's" gun's would be worth more since there would only be X number and never any more, but since he is still alive there is no telling how many more he may buy and sell over the coming years.
Soif you want to REALLY clean up at auction, you buy a celbrity's gun first, THEN use it? ;D
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk