Author Topic: FN FNAR 308 Tactical ----- good buys  (Read 36024 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: FN FNAR 308 Tactical ----- good buys
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 07:04:24 AM »
I'm noticing the price is up another $200.00 on this same gun. Not such a great buy at $1,400.00 as it was at $1,200.00. Instead I would spring for this Armalite AR-10. Being Direct Impingement they are less ammo sensitive than the M1-A's and FNAR's.  Bill T.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=251610141

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 07:47:49 AM »
In the last week, and I hope it's not a trend, all the firearm models I've been following have taken a sudden and in sometimes dramatic increase.   FN FNARs, S&W 625x and 627s have all either jumped in price or the bargains have disappeared.     

Could the market be signalling something ominous?
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 08:12:53 AM »
In the last week, and I hope it's not a trend, all the firearm models I've been following have taken a sudden and in sometimes dramatic increase.   FN FNARs, S&W 625x and 627s have all either jumped in price or the bargains have disappeared.      

Could be.  Lots of warnings out there about the collapse of the $ being certain and imminent.  True or not, many are going to try to make investments other than the $.  

Gold is in demand....but "prepers" know that you can't eat gold and you sure can't put game on the table with it.  Guns also hold value pretty well.  Barter should be easier with guns than gold.

So, with guns, you are both protected from the predicted crash of the $ and  TEOTWAWKI.   Besides, for most of us here, fondling guns is more enjoyable than fondling gold...isn't it?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 08:15:19 AM »

I don't think so. I say that because I watch prices and speed of movement on several websites like the one with the AR-10 I linked to, as well as Davidson's, and the Cabela's store near me. A lot of these weapons have been for sale for literally months, were as in a good economy they would sell in mere days. That AR-10 has been offered for at least 2 months now, and that guy is near me and he normally moves a lot of guns.

Davidson's is selling much fewer guns than just a few years ago, even before Hussein got elected and the market was somewhat stable. I'm also seeing much slower restocking  because of stores unwillingness to invest large sums in inventory, only to have it sit on the rack for weeks and months.

Some of this will pick up with the hunting season coming up. Places like Cabela's will be sending out flyer's with many guns on sale. But overall things are appearing to be slow in the firearms industry right now. You would think that would account for cheaper prices now, not increases. But that just doesn't appear to be the case. Perhaps the people who are buying now aren't effected by the bad economy, and a couple of hundred bucks either way isn't going to send them away on the gun they want, and have the money for?  Bill T.

BAC

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 09:34:28 AM »
I think the retailers are raising prices now and when stuff goes on sale for hunting season the bargains seem that much better.  Most people don't track prices, they only know that it was $1300 yesterday, but today it's on sale for $1000.  Doesn't matter that it was $850 a month before, because they had no idea.

When Borders went into bankruptcy and was taken over by the liquidation company, the very first thing they did was raise prices on everything in the stores.  Then they started discounting.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:10:52 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Looky --- Looky
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 05:56:27 PM »
What do you suspect comes in a box like this?

And shoots 5 shot, 100yds groups like this out of the box, with the Winchester white box ammo?

And only cost me $959?

Prices have gone up since the summer, I've saited and stalked the on-line sites for several months now.   The opportunity popped up and I grabbed it.   Not NIB, but RNIB.  Had been re-furbished by FNH to new condition and came with factory letter.  Had a scratch or two, very small, but other than that as good as new for $300-400 less.     I've only put 20 rounds through it, and that target was the last five.   I now have a more rounds and I can't wait to hit the range again next Friday.    It is one smooth operating and smooth firing gun.   That's a Bushnell Legend 5-15x scope on top.  And I picked up a 9-13" bipod for it today.      I wish I had easy access to ranges longer than 100yds.   The safety is behind the trigger and isn't as tactically easy to operative as AR platforms.  However, this isn't a CQB weapon so I'm not concerned.    Magazine prices have fallen lately and are now under $50.  Not as cheap as AR or an M1A1, but I think a much better hunting and .30 caliber long range package.

Will work for ammo

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 06:01:46 PM »
That Sir, is an Evil Black Rifle....

What is the purpose for such an instrument?

Why couldn't a Bolt Action,  be enough????

I am kidding, but Congratulations!!! I remember DRTV "gave" mine away to another member,....(bastard)... :P

Forgot the pistol grip is but ugly, but the rifle is about as good as it gets...

Between the FNAR, and the M1-A,....well,..... ::)

Good call alf,....let's see a vid...and wear your Fedora.... ;D

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 06:33:21 PM »
What is the lever below the bolt handle ?

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »
What is the lever below the bolt handle ?

Bolt release. 
Will work for ammo

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 02:42:38 PM »
Didn't WatchmanUSA, win the MB FNAR last year?   Hmmm,....don't remember a range report......perhaps a "Hey Man" to him would provide some personal insight....

I really like my FNAR!  BTW-I did a range report shortly after I received it from MB.  It is a really good shooter.

I just did an upgrade and put an AGOG with a RMR red dot on it replacing the cheapo scope I put on at first.  I did that so I could use it in IDPA DMG.  The long scope didn't work too well for quick target acquisition in transitions.  Not to mention the added recoil but I don't have another semi-auto rifle right now.  I looking to find an AR to use in DMG.

At 100 yards with a rest using the AGOG I can put groups together within a 50-cent piece.  At target using the RMR I can get within a 25-cent piece.

Last weekend I had a DMG match where one of the stages I had to stand and there was no wall or barrel to  use as a support.  We were shooting at 8-inch steel targets.  It took me a few shots to get my timing down as the AGOG  did the usual figure-8 but once I got the timing the hits came easier.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk