Author Topic: Were to go for training?  (Read 10145 times)

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
Re: Were to go for training?
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 07:47:04 AM »
I wondered about Front Sight, I get the emails, but I gotta tell ya, Piazza comes across at times like a snake oil salesman, or one of those "get rich quick" dudes that advertise in the wee hours of cable, you know, featuring actors who say "I made $50,000 in ONE day!" Saw the show he started, though, and it looks cool.

Not surprising that civilians are whupping the PD guys butts though, from what I've heard and seen on the range. Scary in a way.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

MaSIGshooter

• Forum Member
  • "SnowShooter"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 11:00:33 AM »
There is also SIGarms Academy - Epping NH.
Great folks, excellent facility, wide variety of courses, plenty of SIG's to try out if you want.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 06:11:25 PM »
I do unconditionally recomment the SIGARMS Academy. Chief Instructor George Harris is a friend of mine, and I've learned a lot from him...I'm looking forward to taking his Carbine Class with a 556 this spring.

I'm reserving judgement on FRONT SIGHT...too much bad karma out there! It doesn't help that he lifted his "original" show ENTIRELY from the SHOOTING GALLERY "Zero to Hero" episodes. I don't mind if you filch ideas...that's what they're there for, btu don't pretend you're some kind of original genius...none of us are! I pal'ed around with SURVIVOR's Producer, Mark Burnett, back in the old days when he was doing adventure rances and putting together the Eco-Challenge...I got most of my original ideas from him (thank you, Brother Mark!).

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

mnshooter

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 06:39:54 PM »
Have not been to Front Sight, (but do possess an "orange" Expert certificate signed by el Jeff).  Based on the newletter/sales promo/training advice::) sent out by front sight, they should be sending royalties to Gunsite.  Has anyone else noticed a similarity between Ignatius P. and Borat?

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 09:40:29 PM »
mnshooter, i damn near spit lemonade out of my nose when I read your post. That is absolutely on the money - Borat!!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:58:26 AM »

dagnyg

• Forum Member
    • ActionShootingScores
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 02:58:46 PM »
My husband and I have taken several classes from Suarez International
http://www.suarezinternational.com/
and I highly recommend them. Less expensive than the "name" schools but high quality training. They hold classes in different places.

We have taken the AK-47 class and Ultimate Close Range Gunfighting (0-6 feet).

Dagny Gromer
dagnygromer.wordpress.com
www.actionshootingscores.com
dagnygromer.wordpress.com
www.actionshootingscores.com

_ Liberty, Property, Peace _

timber

• Forum Member
    • Ravens Keep B & B
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 11:22:59 PM »
Hi Dagny!! what's going on with you and the big G man? Hope you guys are doin' Great
Welcome to Mr. Bane's forum, I met the bum at Gunsite last March and I felt sorry that I took a Vang shotgun away from him, of course that was before I found out he was famous.  ::)   
Don't be giving all that hardearned to Gabe. He's sharp, but you should try Gunsite at lease once being you live so close.
PM me some time and my e-mail address is still the same. Wait about a week I'm going out of town again :(
Kind regards,
Tim Brooks
www.azravenskeep.com     

Tim Burke

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 08:40:35 PM »
Randy Cain will be in Michigan in May for his Practical rifle and his THG 101. Louis Awerbuck won't be in MI until August, and only for shotgun this year, as the schedule currently stands.
TB., NC

GRUMPY357

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »
You my want to try Thunder Ranch(OR),also DTI with John Farnam .I  had very good luck with

both of schools.

GRUMPY 357

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 04:46:02 PM »
I would consider a Suarez instructor or Gabe himself if I were you.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk